GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is the autobahn package worth it?

rjmk8

just a general question. This is a VW Golf GTI Forum right? Is the autobahn package worth it? I'm thinking of buying one and I'm not sure if I should save the money or go all out for the autobahn. Your response is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan (rjmk8)

p.s. I'm from Ontario

Last edited:

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Same question. I like the DCC on my Mk7. Also, I live in a rural area and the automatic high beams would be nice. Being a dog owner, leather is easier to clean, but that’s about it. Actually would probably change out the 19” wheels for 18” or even 17”. Big bling is not an interest. Driving dynamics and ride are.

joshuawheat

I Currently own an S trim and I can say I prefer over the autobahn. The infotainment screen has an actual turn knob for volume and radio function (can also use screen/steering buttons) and still has pretty much everything else (minus DCC, leather and harmon kardon) that the autobahn does. That stuff was not worth the extra 10-12k price tag to me. I still have heated seats, and I think the plaid cloth seats look killer. heated steering too

bass45646

Ready to race!
No satellite radio. Had an account since 2004. Prefer not to lose it.
I had satellite radio since 2008 (MKV GTI) . I also had concerns, but then just dl'd the SiriusXM app and ran that through bluetooth, or CarPlay (via usb-c). No issues.

Ghawk

Ready to race!
I had satellite radio since 2008 (MKV GTI) . I also had concerns, but then just dl'd the SiriusXM app and ran that through bluetooth, or CarPlay (via usb-c). No issues.
Great. Does the display match the regular one? Can you use presets as per normal? My only real sacrifice would be the DCC and I get to choose my own preferred wheels and tires.

bass45646

Ready to race!
Great. Does the display match the regular one? Can you use presets as per normal? My only real sacrifice would be the DCC and I get to choose my own preferred wheels and tires.
If you use bluetooth, there's obviously no difference, as you are still using the phone interface. If you use Carplay, the display is different. You can't search, but you can cary over presets, as long as they were saved as favorites on the phone app.

brokenmatt

I love mine (performance here in Canada)

gti2.jpeg

gti1.jpeg