Is it racist

• YES

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters

Pirate King

King of Pirates
Do you think the New York Post cartoon that was recently printed, and is pictured below, is racist?

I'll start us off. No.

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Nope. I wont get too political, but thats cause all the liberals caused this uproar. Now my mouth is shut, dont want to get this closed right off the bat haha

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Si Killer said:
unfortunately it could easily be interpreted either way. definitely a stupid move to publish it.
Agreed, never should have published it. If they even had the slighest thought that it would be taken wrong, just publish something else

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i put racist because while the author probably didn't intend to have it come off that way, using a monkey while having a black president isn't the best idea.

AdvanSuper

Banned
Has nothing to do with Obama.... He did not write the bill he just signed off on it.. They are making fun of the fact that a monkey could have written the bill.. It also had to do with the chimp attack that police fired upon and killed.... Stupid fucks like Al Sharpton will take any chance they can to be in the spot light...

Here is the response from the post as well
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/18/ny-post-cartoon-controver_n_167928.html

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
oh ok then. wish i could change my vote then.

and no one likes al sharpton. i don't even think al sharpton likes al sharpton.

Pirate King

King of Pirates
Agreed, never should have published it. If they even had the slighest thought that it would be taken wrong, just publish something else

I disagree. If you don't publish things because somebody could POSSIBLY be offended you are not going to end up with a very good paper. How many people want to read CNN and nothing else?

If it is only stories other than news that people would not find offensive then the only people who would read it are the touchy feely types who try to be modern day hippies. The original hippies piss me off but the new age douche hippies piss me off even more I think.

After reading:

"The cartoon is a clear parody of a current news event, to wit the shooting of a violent chimpanzee in Connecticut. It broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the economy. Again, Al Sharpton reveals himself as nothing more than a publicity opportunist."

I REALLY respect the post. I am glad people stand up to that ass hat.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Has nothing to do with Obama.... He did not write the bill he just signed off on it.. They are making fun of the fact that a monkey could have written the bill.. It also had to do with the chimp attack that police fired upon and killed.... Stupid fucks like Al Sharpton will take any chance they can to be in the spot light...

Here is the response from the post as well

Bingo. :thumbsup:

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, if it wasn't Rupert Murdoch's newspaper.

His bias is well known.

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Pirate King said:
I disagree. If you don't publish things because somebody could POSSIBLY be offended you are not going to end up with a very good paper. How many people want to read CNN and nothing else?

If it is only stories other than news that people would not find offensive then the only people who would read it are the touchy feely types who try to be modern day hippies. The original hippies piss me off but the new age douche hippies piss me off even more I think.

After reading:

"The cartoon is a clear parody of a current news event, to wit the shooting of a violent chimpanzee in Connecticut. It broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the economy. Again, Al Sharpton reveals himself as nothing more than a publicity opportunist."

I REALLY respect the post. I am glad people stand up to that ass hat.

Oh, i agree with what youre saying. I said that because you cant say anything in the time were in without someone saying its racist or inhumane or ignorant. Its the liberal america we live in. We always have to take things in a negative light. In my opinion, there is more reverse racisim today then there is racisim. But you cant say that in the news or in a paper or else you, in fact, are a racist. Fucked up world we live in