GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there a way to check your car stats on the phone?

stinkykitten

Hi I would like to know if there's any way to track your stats on your phone?
For example I want to see how many miles I have done for 1 week. How many fuel I have left. Etc etc? Is this possible?

Off topic how do I view my navigation on my cockpit dashboard? I can only see it on the infotainment system. Also how do you connect Google maps on the system with my android phone? Appreciate everyone's help 🙏 you

fade away

If you use the VW app called We Connect there's a limited amount of data. Miles to go in the tank, rather than a volume. The three mpg stats available in car are also accessible 1) SINCE START of current journey, 2) LONG-TERM gives mpg in 100 hour intervals, 3) SINCE REFUELLING.
Time and mileage to next service - if you have flexible service intervals set.
There's a setting somewhere in the system to put the maps on the dash screen. Also if you use VIEW on the wheel to toggle through the views it will ask on one view do you want the maps on the dash.
Don't use the VW satnav myself, prefer to use Android Auto (AA) on my phone to put Google Maps on screen.
There's a setting on your phone to use wireless AA, or just use a cable.
I use a cable to charge my phone, because the console wireless charger is useless, but I do use wireless AA.

stinkykitten

If you use the VW app called We Connect there's a limited amount of data. Miles to go in the tank, rather than a volume. The three mpg stats available in car are also accessible 1) SINCE START of current journey, 2) LONG-TERM gives mpg in 100 hour intervals, 3) SINCE REFUELLING.
Time and mileage to next service - if you have flexible service intervals set.
There's a setting somewhere in the system to put the maps on the dash screen. Also if you use VIEW on the wheel to toggle through the views it will ask on one view do you want the maps on the dash.
Don't use the VW satnav myself, prefer to use Android Auto (AA) on my phone to put Google Maps on screen.
There's a setting on your phone to use wireless AA, or just use a cable.
I use a cable to charge my phone, because the console wireless charger is useless, but I do use wireless AA.
Thank you so much! May I also ask how do you reset the MPG when you start up new journey? Somtimes when I go to he shops and back it still uses the same MPG I was using before?

Also does AA Google maps mimic the map on the dashboard? How do I view the map on my cockpit? Does all mark 8 allow you to view the map on the cockpit? Thanks again!

fade away

Reset by pressing the OK button on right hand steering wheel.
AA Google maps is fed from your phone wirelessly or wire (depending on how you set it up) to your central screen, you can't have Google Maps where the Speedo is.
VW satnav is different from Google maps - it mimics it as far as it's a satnav and shows the car's position. It uses a different set of maps. It shows as standard in the central screen - but can be shown where the Speedo is. As I mentioned there's a button somewhere in the options. And, as I already mentioned, if you press the View button in the steering wheel you'll get to a view where it says do you want to show the map in the area behind the wheel.
I don't know if all cars can do this or not.
I use Google Maps in the central screen always in dark mode. I don't use the VW satnav - just a choice.
I don't particularly like the VW satnav behind the wheel. There isn't any interactivity with it there - that screen isn't touch sensitive, you can't pan the map for instance.

stinkykitten

Reset by pressing the OK button on right hand steering wheel.
AA Google maps is fed from your phone wirelessly or wire (depending on how you set it up) to your central screen, you can't have Google Maps where the Speedo is.
VW satnav is different from Google maps - it mimics it as far as it's a satnav and shows the car's position. It uses a different set of maps. It shows as standard in the central screen - but can be shown where the Speedo is. As I mentioned there's a button somewhere in the options. And, as I already mentioned, if you press the View button in the steering wheel you'll get to a view where it says do you want to show the map in the area behind the wheel.
I don't know if all cars can do this or not.
I use Google Maps in the central screen always in dark mode. I don't use the VW satnav - just a choice.
I don't particularly like the VW satnav behind the wheel. There isn't any interactivity with it there - that screen isn't touch sensitive, you can't pan the map for instance.
Thank you so much!
Yh I'm trying to figure out how to put VW maps on my speedo I cannot find this option anywhere lol :(

fade away

Thank you so much!
Yh I'm trying to figure out how to put VW maps on my speedo I cannot find this option anywhere lol :(
I wouldn't bother. Tried it a few times. You can't set a destination, pan the map etc. All that has to be done rather clunkily from the central screen.
Best to press View on the right hand side of the steering wheel. You'll get to a view where it asks you to click OK to put the map where you want.
I guess if that option isn't given there you either don't have the hardware and/or software. As I mentioned don't worry, it's a bit of a gimmick.