GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this the latest software?

VictoriaS

Hi, is anyone able to tell me if this is the latest software? My MK8 GTI has been back to the dealership a few times with various assist issues flashing up, most of the time this happens when selecting reverse gear. I feel like the dealership are fobbing me off, every time I get told they have cleared the faults and there is nothing they can do as they are waiting for a software issue. The dealership is 50 miles away so I’m getting really fed up! The customer service is non existent and I’m debating whether or not I should reject the car. I have been told it’s been updated to the latest software but again I think I’m being fobbed off!

Attachments

• 8DBB0188-075F-4FD2-9264-AD84E65AAB79.png
    8DBB0188-075F-4FD2-9264-AD84E65AAB79.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 135

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
There was a software version 1803 update a while ago but i was told that it has been removed..either because they were having even more trouble with it or a newer version is coming out. Also because replacing the hardware of these various control units is not viable anymore (Chip shortage) they are preparing software updates for most of them to fix the problems, like the reverse camera, parking sensors, side assist, front radar , etc…

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a GTI Clubsport delivered in June 2021 with 1803 software. I get the same parking sensor and traffic alert errors once a month. Waiting on that 1810 software to roll out 🤞

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
1668 is the last software update for the 816/816A/816B/816C infotainment units at the moment ... This Special 1810 update is, according to Mike, only for the B and C models. There is chatter of the update appearing in November or December.
We don't know if this 1810 is also for the newer 816D and 816E units with 1788/1803...it could be the same or it could have a different number...
Also anyone having problems, with Auto Hold activated (Only with Manual Gearbox), with the brakes not releasing when pulling away there is a software update for the brake control unit.

Sniffer

My Mk 8 GTI was delivered in May 2021 with the 1788 version of software, then updated a few months later to 1803. Last week it was updated at the dealership to the latest 1890 version. This latest update is designed to fix a common problem with the road sign recognition/adaptive cruise control software. Hopefully, it works!

Attachments

• 1890 Software.jpg
    1890 Software.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 58

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, is anyone able to tell me if this is the latest software? My MK8 GTI has been back to the dealership a few times with various assist issues flashing up, most of the time this happens when selecting reverse gear. I feel like the dealership are fobbing me off, every time I get told they have cleared the faults and there is nothing they can do as they are waiting for a software issue. The dealership is 50 miles away so I’m getting really fed up! The customer service is non existent and I’m debating whether or not I should reject the car. I have been told it’s been updated to the latest software but again I think I’m being fobbed off!
I have software version 1890 in my GTD which was upgraded a couple of weeks ago. My car was going in for a number of problems and I quoted the TPI that Massimo stated in a previous thread. This, combined with the fact that I’d already logged a fault against the Travel Assist system, gave the dealership a reason to update it, which they duly did. Sounds to me like your dealership either doesn’t know what they are doing or don’t want to help much. Hope that you get it sorted.