GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue's with the GF's Car Thoughts?

DSF767

Ready to race!
So about a month ago (after a visit to the dealership for an oil change and tire rotation) my GF's car has started to have a problem. When she is going at speed (30+) and makes a sweeping left turn and the wheel is at like 10 or 11 o'clock you get a bad vibration.

The car is a 2011 Elentra and only has 23k on it, we have taken it to her dealer twice now. The first time they replaced a strut under warranty and the issue persisted. so today we dropped the car off then they called a few hours later and told us they could not find an issue and they drove the car twice.

Then I drove down to the dealer with her and I took a tech in the car drove it and pointed out the issue. He did feel the problem when I showed how to make it happen. When we get back we talk and they start to blame the tires on the car.

Now these tires are only 3 months old (Conti ExtemeContact DWS). They swear up and down that its not a suspension issue and its the tires. At this point they want me to take the car to the place where we got the tires and have them check it out which we wont be able to do until next weekend at this point.

So what you guys think?

I was also thinking of rotating the tires myself tomorrow just to try something in the mean time, should I do that (since that's when the problem started in the first place), or should I leave it be until we take it to the tire place?

Last edited:

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Rotating the tires wouldn't hurt at the moment. Sounds like she might need a wheel balance? I have the same thing going on with my GTI. I think it was because I put the wheel weights on slightly crooked when I balanced them..

Have the tire place check if the wheels are properly balanced.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I'd actually try flipping the two front tires only, and see if the issue arises in sweeping right turns and disappears in sweeping left turns with the steering wheel at the 10-11 o'clock position.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Very common issue it seems with DWS tires, I had the same issue with them on my TDI... got rid of them.