GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I run 235/40s on the stock 7.5 rims and I find 35-36psi on the street is pretty perfect. Different tires, but similar specs. Wear is pretty even so far. They ride way too rough at 38 or 39.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I run 235/40s on the stock 7.5 rims and I find 35-36psi on the street is pretty perfect. Different tires, but similar specs. Wear is pretty even so far. They ride way too rough at 38 or 39.

Appreciate that. Will give it a shot.

Was looking at EQT stuff today. Noticed it's on sale now. Is the addition of the cobb launch/traction control worth while?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
The Cobb traction control is pretty boss. I haven't experienced on a GTI, but experienced it on a Focus ST as a passenger and it was pretty seamless. Not sure how it is for our cars though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Appreciate that. Will give it a shot.

Was looking at EQT stuff today. Noticed it's on sale now. Is the addition of the cobb launch/traction control worth while?

On previous platforms, I've done LC and FFS. I opted out, because they just break stuff, especially with cars like this that have a good amount of torque.

I did opt for the Cobb TC though.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Okay... going to sleep on it. Thanks for the info again guys.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Ok, since @GTIguy87 installed his springs, I need to get off my a$$ and do the same thing.

I know there was a discussion about pinch bolts being the only mandatory hardware to replace.

With that said, and since I’m at 36K, I want to, at a minimum, replace the strut mounts and bearings. I was thinking of just purchasing OEM strut mounts and bearings, but ECS sells a complete kit.

Wondering if someone has opinion as to why not to purchase this. Apologize if I’ve asked this already.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembl...MI87Ovuu7Q-AIVy2xvBB19IwbkEAQYBiABEgI2uPD_BwE

Last edited:

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
@gatoraviator, just go with mounts/bearings/pinch bolts and I think you'll be golden. Also I would get the oem TT rear upper pads. I'm sure Sean will recommend a camber kit as well though.

Do etttttt.......

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
@gatoraviator, just go with mounts/bearings/pinch bolts and I think you'll be golden. Also I would get the oem TT rear upper pads. I'm sure Sean will recommend a camber kit as well though.

Do etttttt.......
Rear upper pads for what? Refresh my memory. Was that for reverse rake or something?