GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Bought some braces, ecs rear that attaches to the front rear trailing arms and a eurosport upper front strut brace. Even though it doesn't attach to the strut towers, not sure why they call it that when it attaches to the firewall. Anyhow, it'll be a nice addition. I dont think there's anything left to brace.

20201117_131304.jpg

20201111_095904.jpg

jay745

I haven't had much time to work on this lately but yesterday I finished drilling the holes in the bumper for the air dam and finished cutting the other side of the grill out. Total weight savings from deleting the fog lights and fog shrouds and side grills is 6.4 pounds. Going to try and work on it for an hour or so every day, to ight I plan on mocking up the air ducts and measuring them to begin cutting the Inlet out of the air dam
20201201_180033.jpg

20201201_180030.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
ooo, can't wait to see that accusump fitted there. Gonna look sweet.

jay745

I was always under the impression these braces weren't really worth the investment since the strut towers are basically connected to the firewall.
Eh the chassis still has a lot of flex in it. I don't expect it to be life changing considering all the other braces I have already but every bit counts. Worst case scenario it's some $130 engine bling

jay745

Ran into a little snag mounting the ecs trailing arm brace. It uses two of the mounting points that the unibrace UB uses for the exhaust tunnel braces. Unibrace sells their spacer kit for $45. Screw that, $6 for hardware and a few tack welds and I made them myself.

Ecs kit
SmartSelect_20210407-150103_Chrome.jpg

What I made myself
20210408_224009.jpg