GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeremy Clarkson on MK7 GTI

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
http://www.driving.co.uk/clarkson/volkswagen/golf/the-clarkson-review-volkswagen-golf-gti-2013/13104

I thought this part was interesting,

"...you can choose between Comfort, Normal and Sport settings for the front differential, the suspension, the gearbox and the steering, so I did a test. I took the car to Top Gear’s test track, put it in Normal and asked the Stig to do a lap. He did it in 1 minute 29.6 seconds. I then put it in Sport. This time he did a lap in 1 minute 29.6 seconds. So then I put it in Comfort, which softens everything up. He did it in 1 minute 29.5 seconds."

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
interesting.. could just be the .1 because it was his third time around with the same car and he was getting ever so slightly faster.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yep, the car apparently doesn't have sticky/wide enough tires to make use of the stiffer suspension or make enough power to make use of a more aggressive diff.

AFAIK the DSG acts the same at WOT regardless of settings.

Merkle

Banned
interesting.. could just be the .1 because it was his third time around with the same car and he was getting ever so slightly faster.

Seems right it's not like the different modes give the car anymore power

*Professional racing driver.

I'm sure there will be a review on Top Gear when the next season comes out. Clarkson has always been a GTI fan.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
Yep, the car apparently doesn't have sticky/wide enough tires to make use of the stiffer suspension or make enough power to make use of a more aggressive diff.

AFAIK the DSG acts the same at WOT regardless of settings.

yeah, all that shows is the limiting factor on the stock car is something else (like the tires), not the suspension/differential. Maybe put some better tires on it (or whatever that limiting factor is) and then see how they affect lap time.

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
Still amped to see the review, regardless I'll be in my mk6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DSG iz teh f4ster, doe.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
That's on the Euro scale. It's way more optimistic that here in the U.S.

This, plus the fact that English gallons are larger than American gallons, so more miles per their gallon.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
This, plus the fact that English gallons are larger than American gallons, so more miles per their gallon.

WTF? well then they shouldn't call them gallons! 128 ounces take it or leave it Europe!

If you want your gallon to be bigger, name it something else and get off my fucking lawn!