GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got my first guitar

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Asking for opinions BEFORE you buy the product is the better way to gather information :thumbsup:

You said it yourself, it's cheap.
It's very entry-level and you can learn to play on it and can play music on it like any guitar. It just has cheaper parts on/in it and won't sound as good or last as long as a more expensive guitar.

If you were looking for an entry level $150 guitar for $100 then you won!

mach5

you are next
Check the reviews over at harmony central; here: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Fender/Starcaster/10/1

Doesn't seem to bad for what you paid. As said before, you should have researched before you spent the money...or at least played a couple different guitars to see which feels best to you, not that there is many to pick from at that price range.

If you stick with it and want to continue, before you purchase your next guitar go to a shop and play a lot of different guitars to see which feels best to you. Different guitars have different feels, sounds, everything, some are easier to play some not so much.

It should do you good for a first guitar though. Just practice practice practice...then go to a music shop and play on an expensive guitar after you learn a little bit and see the difference.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Asking for opinions BEFORE you buy the product is the better way to gather information :thumbsup:

You said it yourself, it's cheap.
It's very entry-level and you can learn to play on it and can play music on it like any guitar. It just has cheaper parts on/in it and won't sound as good or last as long as a more expensive guitar.

If you were looking for an entry level $150 guitar for $100 then you won!

Sounds like Im a winner :happyanim:

AdvanSuper

Banned
We all have impulse buys give him a break lol.

plac

GTI Master
always start with something cheap to make sure its not an impulse decision. play it at at least a year without getting bored before sinking serious money into a nice guitar. MY fav guitar is a Hohner from the 70's which has been passed on to me from Mom. The older the wood in a acoustic guitar gets, the better it sounds.

plac

GTI Master
oh, and never start your learning on an electric. learning acoustic is a lot harder, and a better way to learn. Then, the electric is easy as pie later on. If you start with electric, acoustic will always be a lot more difficult. Thicker heavier strings, more finger pressure required, generally harder to play.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
I probably wont look at any reviews for an amp either, I'm just going to get something used really cheap lol.

Later on down the road if I like it, I'll definitely go play some and read reviews first though.

plac

GTI Master
my first electric was a Gibson Epiphone. I think it cost $179. I got a used Yamaha acoustic 2-3 years back for $350 or so. ($600+ new, and it was mint) Better to buy a used higher end guitar than a low end brand new one. Guitars do not wear out, they get better as they age.

SimonSaysGTI

Ready to race!
oh, and never start your learning on an electric. learning acoustic is a lot harder, and a better way to learn. Then, the electric is easy as pie later on. If you start with electric, acoustic will always be a lot more difficult. Thicker heavier strings, more finger pressure required, generally harder to play.

ding ding ding