GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just shipped out my D60 kit to its new owner, making my new purchase tomorrow!

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I walked into Hunts Photo in Kenmore Square (I'm at college in Boston) with the intention of purchasing a D90 with an 18-105mm and a 35mm f/1.8g But then I got to talking with the guy, and we took a look at the D7000, as well as a used D300 he had.

Naturally, I decided to come in over-budget (fml) and went with the D7000. (Took me an hour to come to this conclusion, so don't go trying to convince me otherwise now; I'm making the purchase).

The camera will come with the 18-105mm, and as with pretty much every store on earth that sells the 35mm f/1.8 at $199, they are currently out of stock and it'd take like a week for it to get in.

They do however have nifty-fifty's in stock (50mm f1.8). This lens will be cheaper ($130, not including tax). Think I should just cop this one, and then grab the 35 later?

Cliffs:
-I'm buying a D7000 tomorrow w/ 18-105mm
-store is currently sold out of 35mm f/1.8G (the lens I wanted)
-Should I purchase a 50mm f/1.8 (in stock) instead, and the possibly grab the 35 later?

dustinwark

Miesian
I love my 35 1.8, plan on picking up a 50 1.4 as well, food for thought

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
well, thanks to the one person who offered help. I think I may just end up picking up a 50 f/1.8 because the 35 is nowhere to be found.

BeatItHelmet

Ready to race!
Can I ask what you sold your d60 for? I'm going to sell mine and wasn't sure what to ask for it. I have a d60 w/ the lens that came with the kit, a tripod, bag, remote, and three lights. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks