GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Key battery

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
It doesn't say in the manual, but all you have to do to get rid of the repeated low battery message with a new battery is to change it in car with the engine on.
1) Get in car
2) Start car - engine running
3) Change battery
4) Switch engine off

Will try tomorrow!

Ghawk

Ready to race!
In general it’s best to keep the key fob at least 50’ away from the car when not in use. Otherwise the key will try to connect with the car electronics causing a drain at the key fob and the car battery. The car battery lasted 7 years in my GTI that way. The wafer battery in the fob goes at least 2-3 years.

RussVWx

I have also had this warning message.

I was under the impression that the key battery was a re-chargeable battery which re-charges when I place the key whilst driving in the little compartment under the arm rest and next to the cup holder. So why does the battery need changing? Car is GolfM8 Reg June 2021 with 10k on the clock.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Brand new Duracell CR2032 battery, yet it still says it is low.
There a lot of fake batteries out there. I bought some ’Duracell’ batteries off eBay and they lasted a few days. Got some from Tesco and it was obvious that they were genuine. Lasted for ages. The packaging had dates and codes printed on them. The eBay ones didn’t.

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Those coin shaped batteries are available everywhere. All discount dept. stores, pharmacies, hardware stores, etc. Just get the same number as the old one. Your owner’s manual has the instructions for replacement. Takes 30 seconds or so.