GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lancer Evo pure comedy...

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
You guys ever watch a show on Speed channel called Pass Time?

It's 3 contestants that each ask a question of the driver about his car, then they guess the 1/4 mile time the car will run, closest to the run gets the cash... it's a really awesome show... I love the diversity in the type of cars/trucks/bikes they have on it...

So, anyway, I'm watching it right now and they get this bright yellow lancer Evo and the driver is this big african american guy with Channel bling'd out sunglasses... they ask him the questions...

1. Is that an auto or a 4 speed (asked by a lame chick)
A: 5 speed manual

2. How much boost are you running
A: 30psi

3. Stock bottom end?
A: yes

So everyone locks in their times...

like a 12.40, 12.10, and 11.53 are the guesses...

Right before he runs the guys are joking about whether or not 30psi is alright on a stock motor...

He revs it, bouncing off the rev limiter/BOV is pretty loud...

Drops the clutch and moves about 15 feet and then dead... they had to push him back into the pit area...

***EVERYONE LAUGHING***

"Guess that really was a stock bottom end..."

I just thought you guys would appreciate that story...

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
4:30pm PST on Speed Channel... it's 607 on DirecTV...

They've had STi's and SC'd RSX's... but the majority are real 1/4 mile type cars... running between 8 and 12s 1/4 miles.

GrossTI

Ready to race!
I've seen that show before, there was an episode with a civic with a corvette motor in it, he called it the civette....sickness

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
I'm watching it right now and just had a yellow Mitsu Evo run a 12.93 with ECU tune, some camshafts, stock turbo, stock boost, around 18psi he claimed.

Next was a VW R32 2004... was a friend of the owner driving it... car had just a chip on some crappy tires... ended up running a 14.58...

You guys need to watch this show, it rules.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
a fairly new jeep cherokee with exhaust and intake ran a 15.15... not too bad for a heavy ass SUV... it was 4wd though.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
2002 RSX - not a type s i don't think... got some stuff... swapped cams, intake manifold and some other stuff... bottom end from a 2.4 swapped in...

WAAAYYYY Spun in the beginning and ran a 15.65... ouch...