GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Reverse Lights?

Uberryan

Banned
Last edited:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Only bad part is that one doesn't take into account the reflector like most LED lights like that. Yes, it will be bright directly behind, but from any angle more than 15-20 degrees from center, the intensity of light will be more than 50% diminished. Cool LED though, just not 100% the best one for that application...

AaronC1

Ready to race!

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Those are 1156 style (base is round metal with nubs for twist lock), the reverse lights on our GTIs are 7440 style, which is a prong style base. So, I am going to say they will definitely not work because they will not fit.

These would work (with 360 degree illumination)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/744x-xLX3.htm#photos

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!

AaronC1

Ready to race!
Returning mine, they don't fit in my shiny new R tails.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thumper, do you have the backup lights from SuperBrightLEDs you mentioned?

No, I am actually struggling with the decision to swap out the factory tails. I would love the Golf R lights, but $700 is just a bit steep. I am probably going to end up cheaping out with the Spyder lenses that look similar for half the price. From what I understand the Spyder's should use my stock harness/bulbs, but I wanted to wait to be sure.

Plus, I still need to upgrade my front turns, interiors, and license plate lights first. Not really to concerned about backup lights.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
No, I am actually struggling with the decision to swap out the factory tails. I would love the Golf R lights, but $700 is just a bit steep. I am probably going to end up cheaping out with the Spyder lenses that look similar for half the price. From what I understand the Spyder's should use my stock harness/bulbs, but I wanted to wait to be sure.

Plus, I still need to upgrade my front turns, interiors, and license plate lights first. Not really to concerned about backup lights.

This is what I did...spent less than half including all LED's your talking about including back up. And the turn signals are even LED's. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the "R" tails still old school on the turn signals? FYI they are "plug-n-play".

Thumper

Autocross Champion
This is what I did...spent less than half including all LED's your talking about including back up. And the turn signals are even LED's. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the "R" tails still old school on the turn signals? FYI they are "plug-n-play".

The Golf Rs are LED tail lights. So you bought the Spyder tail lights? Any good? :)

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
The Golf Rs are LED tail lights. So you bought the Spyder tail lights? Any good? :)

I was asking about the turn signals! Are they LED on the "r" ? I am aware the park/stop are LED

I like the Spyder tails, nice fitment and look, in my opinion anyways.