GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking these. Any thoughts?

20 lbs.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W29039503B&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Assetto+Gara&wheelFinish=Black&showRear=no&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoModel=Golf+GTI&autoYear=2024&autoModClar=225/40-18

There was an issue with the tire order for RE71RS in 235 35 19, so I saw it as a sign to get wheels and tires. 225 40 18 gives me a smaller diameter.

I'd love to do 245 40 17, but my car came with 19's, so that's a no go.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
I'm thinking these. Any thoughts?

20 lbs.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W29039503B&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Assetto+Gara&wheelFinish=Black&showRear=no&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoModel=Golf+GTI&autoYear=2024&autoModClar=225/40-18

There was an issue with the tire order for RE71RS in 235 35 19, so I saw it as a sign to get wheels and tires. 225 40 18 gives me a smaller diameter.

I'd love to do 245 40 17, but my car came with 19's, so that's a no go.
I had a buddy run those last year. They are light enough and he didn't blow them up using them for daily duties and autoX.

He ran them with RT615K FWIW.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
how do you order protrack? they want some vehicle identifiers I've never heard of, and certainly don't have. I would love a set, but I'm not sure they can beat the warranty from neuspeed/apex.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
how do you order protrack? they want some vehicle identifiers I've never heard of, and certainly don't have. I would love a set, but I'm not sure they can beat the warranty from neuspeed/apex.
They are easily available here in the UK and Europe. Are there any US stockists that advertise over there? If not it would mean having them shipped from the EU.
Not sure what vehicle identifiers they want. What are they asking for? When I looked at these the specs for a Mk7 / 7.5 Golf were easy to find. Our spec wheels come in 3 different et's. The most common used being 18 x 8 et45
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.33.56.png

These wheels are proper track orientated wheels. I don't know exactly what their replacement / warranty is tbh but it would be very very unlikely that they would fail. The wheels even have a system manufactured into them to eliminate any tire movement / rotation under extreme use.
As mentioned Protrack wheels probably outnumber every other wheel used on the Nurburgring which is acknowledged as the most demanding track in the world on both cars and drivers.
Message @TheMaOdy66. He uses them and can give you first hand experience of them. The vast majority of his posts on the forum are videos or conversation about The Ring.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I ran RSE16's with 245 40 17 or 255 40 17. I bent two wheels. I'm not sure 18" Neuspeed's would be a great choice.

These Sparcos look like the easy button, I can get shipped with tires mounted. Saves me some money.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
They are easily available here in the UK and Europe. Are there any US stockists that advertise over there? If not it would mean having them shipped from the EU.
Not sure what vehicle identifiers they want. What are they asking for? When I looked at these the specs for a Mk7 / 7.5 Golf were easy to find. Our spec wheels come in 3 different et's. The most common used being 18 x 8 et45
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 10.34.31 AM.png

No clue what that means. I only see a webshop at pro-track.de, which does not ship to USA.

These wheels are proper track orientated wheels. I don't know exactly what their replacement / warranty is tbh but it would be very very unlikely that they would fail. The wheels even have a system manufactured into them to eliminate any tire movement / rotation under extreme use.
As mentioned Protrack wheels probably outnumber every other wheel used on the Nurburgring which is acknowledged as the most demanding track in the world on both cars and drivers.
It's not realistic to expect wheels to never bend, especially with hard use. There are others available here in the US that have similar features, flow-formed, bead-knurling, etc. but also offer lifetime warranty even for motorsports use.