GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco l380 Turbo Questions

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
the L380 has identical internals to an is38 but is built to be much stronger and more reliable, so you can also push it harder more safely and will last a lot longer. any is38 tune will work identically well on an L380. I will say that an EQT COBB pro tune is miles better than APR or any off the shelf tune.

the L380x and note the "X" after the turbo name, is what has slightly larger compressor wheel, which is the turbo I have, and i don't recommend it. it's not a bad turbo but there are better turbos out there today than the L380x.

I think if someone is going to be happy with a max of 390-400whp then L380 is a great turbo with silly torque and response and great reliability, but if you want more than 400whp an is38 or L380 will not do that.

If you can get E85 locally I'd say put an HPFP on there and get an EQT tune on COBB for an E50 mix. You will be shocked at how much better the car feels on a good ethanol blend vs pump gas, it feels like an entirely different car in every way including faster turbo response and torque and everything.

so if it were me I'd get an EQT COBB tune so you can get advanced traction control and better DSG programming and just a better tune, and then also put in HPFP to run E50 tune and i bet you will be amazed at how much better and faster the car is

Has littco confirmed that you can use the OTS tune?

Does that turbo come ported and polished? An option ?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Has littco confirmed that you can use the OTS tune?

Does that turbo come ported and polished? An option ?
Ya it was confirmed that an OTS tune could work. However, to avoid surge down low, Dan strongly recommends a custom tune on these.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
eqt tuned
hpfp

Update: Talked to Patrick at EQT, he recommended the Precision Raceworks Stage 2 Pump (Walbro 305) if I'm only planning on staying IS38. I already have the HPFP installed. They are going to tune me for both 93oct. and E100. I've already purchased the pump, now I just need to get my hands on a used COBB AP.