GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looks like the end is near for Saturn, Saab and Hummer.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF

GG3P

Eurocars is a ***got
Saabs fucking blow. Good riddance.

Yes, I've owned one.

So have I. 1999 Saab 9-3 SE HOT. 230k miles on original motor, turbo, and trans. Still does burn outs 1st-3rd. I don't know what Saab you owned, but they have made some solid cars. The B204 motor is bullet proof, especially the HOT (high output turbo) variety. For me it will be a sad day when Saab closes its factories.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
It's not just me. My buddy's family had 3 which they all purchased new. 2 of the 3 were bought back on Lemon Law.

I had a 1992 9000CD Turbo (high output) and it went through 1.5 trannies, 2 ignition cassettes, brakes like mad, auto-leveling suspension went which I replaced with Bilsteins, AC never worked, the list went on and on. I asked the guy that owned the Saab specialty repair shop (who I got to know like a brother) why he didn't own a Saab and he said "Let's be honest... they're pieces of shit. How many Toyota specialty shops do you see?"

I read an article on Autospies a few years back that said the the 5 most repaired cars were the Land Rover, Range Rover, Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, and something American.

GG3P

Eurocars is a ***got
It's not just me. My buddy's family had 3 which they all purchased new. 2 of the 3 were bought back on Lemon Law.

I had a 1992 9000CD Turbo (high output) and it went through 1.5 trannies, 2 ignition cassettes, brakes like mad, auto-leveling suspension went which I replaced with Bilsteins, AC never worked, the list went on and on. I asked the guy that owned the Saab specialty repair shop (who I got to know like a brother) why he didn't own a Saab and he said "Let's be honest... they're pieces of shit. How many Toyota specialty shops do you see?"

I read an article on Autospies a few years back that said the the 5 most repaired cars were the Land Rover, Range Rover, Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, and something American.

The ignition cassettes are a weakness, I'm not going to deny that. But I also know of other people that have had Saabs. Neither was a lemon, and the owners loved them. They are quirky, sure, but not bad. I am not saying the new 9-5 is a stellar car. There are better cars in that price range. Saab needs a new and/or revamped line-up, but they can make great cars. The TurboX is blast to drive, and the sportcombi 6spd TurboX is a sweet combination.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
They do make great cars... they're just not reliable or easy to own. From a design and technology standpoint they are awesome. I really like Saabs but I just can't go through that nightmare again. One of my coworkers just turned her 9-3 in (lease) and she just walked by and I said that I was having a Saab talk, she rolled her eyes and said "Oh god..."