GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MANMADE Global Warming.....Hype?

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
I heard about this paper today...it is a very interesting read. If you can be bothered to read it, I am interested in your thoguhts..

EDIT:THIS WAS A HOAX..

I got duped along with a lot of others..sorry for spreading false info...

Last edited:

CalBoyTex

Banned
that is an interesting read, I will finish reading it when i get off of work. I think how they did their research... amazing. Only proving that its not man who is causing global warming..(i ikinow were contributing) But i just think mother earth is gettin old lol.

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
I can end any man-made warming discussion with one image based off data and not opinion... notice where we are at the top, and where we've been "recently"?

Cheezeit

I could have told you from the start, Man Made Global Warming was BS. :)

Haggisman14

Cram V
It's kinda funny how when people talk about global warming and how we're polluting the earth, no one takes into effect the many ice ages that our planet has gone through....what do you think happens in between ice age periods...hmm...tuff one!

Global Warming = BS!

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
Just like his claim that he invented the internet.:laugh: :bellyroll: Any one remember this statement when he was running for president?

God I can't believe I am about to defend Al Gore but....He didn't say "I invented the internet" He didn't phrase his answer to Blitzers question correctly and it got blown way out of proportion... here is what he said...

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

He meant he implemented the use of the internet for some of the programs listed, and just said it wrong…

NOW BACK ON TOPIC....

walangij

D1 2010!
I think that global warming has become far to politicized these days and corporations have too much of a stake in policy. I remember a couple years ago when it was found out that the most spoken global warming critics of the scientific community were on the exxon payroll which made me super critical, yet this journal holds credibility so its an interesting read.

I think the focus of these activists, ect should be on sustainability rather than global warming. You can calculate or see studies that say that the earth can only sustain 4 billion people living to modern standards, of course we're 1 billion living @ these standards, but with an extra 6 billion living just below, we're running out of fuel, topsoil, land, ect. Its more frightening to see studies on the erosion of our topsoil and its contamination since topsoil isn't something easily replaceable yet so essential to live.

Renewable energy should be pursued as the technology advances and even nuclear power should be pursued in the US again. IMO we shouldn't be using fossil fuels in our power plants with various other technologies. And the amount of fossil fuels we use in our cars is so little in comparison. Our usage for a year in fossil fuels in cars are about 167 million gallons a year, our daily usage for the US is 38 million gallons a year which includes our industry and power companies.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
looks like a good read. just printed it out, to read it on the shitter. wait for my response. i have to put together a shit first. lol.

-wiretap-

hax0r
There's no conclusive and exclusive scientific evidence that proves people are having an effect on the earth's climate. We do know that greenhouse gases trap heat, and we know what chemicals destroy the atmosphere. However, all trends in the earth's climate have been going on for millions of years. There have been points where the greenhouse gas levels on earth were farrrrrrrrrrr higher than they currently are and what they are trending to be. The current trends in warming are still in line with the historic trending of climate change.

But something interesting people do not know is about water vapor. Water vapor contributes 70% to global climate, and around 90% by volume. We need to stop evaporation to stop global warming.

And those are just 2 of the many reason I see the man-made global warming argument a bit ridiculous. BUT, do not get me wrong. I believe we need to protect our atmosphere for our own health. The more crap we pump into our air, land, and oceans.. the more we get sick and harm our planet for future sustainability.

MarlaSinger

feisty!
I knew it! Al Gore's an idiot. How on earth did he win a Nobel prize for an idea that he didn't even come up with? Just like his claim that he invented the internet.:laugh: :bellyroll: Any one remember this statement when he was running for president?

he won the prize because hes been incredibly influential in bringing the issue to the forefront, where it needs to be.

and no, no one remembers his claim to have invented the internet, because that never happened.

quit watching fox news.:bs:

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Read Michael Crichton's newer book, "State of Fear", might just be a big political move...

similar to the government saying that certain insecticides were carsinegens, and that any country the us gave money to couldnt use it, so millions of people in africa died from maleria due to not being able to afford an alternative, then it comes out that they never caused cancer in the 1st place...

or the hundreds of millions spent burying power lines near schools when that was said to cause cancer...only later to be proven that it doesnt....

big ticket items used by politicians to get votes...sure it is an issue...but are you hearing all sides? or just gores...

PS something about the melting ice caps...how would that honestly increase sea levels when it is a floating body of ice already that is already displacing as much water as it would if it were not ice....try it @ home take an ice cube in water and let it melt...see if the level actually rises...

-wiretap-

hax0r
he won the prize because hes been incredibly influential in bringing the issue to the forefront, where it needs to be.

and no, no one remembers his claim to have invented the internet, because that never happened.

quit watching fox news.:bs:

Actually, he did say it. He said it on CNN while talking to Wolf Blitzer.. rofl. :laugh:
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president.2000/transcript.gore/

But he didn't win the Nobel Prize because of any groundbreaking work. He presents misconstrued evidence that has been proven false by many scientists. Gore himself probably thinks he's doing a good thing, but isn't a lead researcher or scientist, and he doesn't know the facts. He ignores crucial evidence from core samples and cyclical global climate change over millions of years. He won the Nobel Prize because there are all people like him on the Nobel Prize committee. They're uppity progressives that love to taut their pompous attitude to make a stand in the world to push forth another one of their type.

scotteh

F.FEW FTW
we might be doing ALL the damage when it comes to global warming

but im sure man is still responsible for the majority of nature's problems