GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Massive fire in house across the street from me [pics]

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I'm a photojournalism minor, so I've been trained to shoot first and ask questions later when I hear sirens. I was jolted awake this morning at 7:30 AM by one hell of a commotion out front of my house. I had been up partying until 3:30 the previous night, so I was a bit hung over, but I ran outside into the snow in my pajamas and slippers and did my best.

7 residents all got out alive and are hospitalized. 2 had to jump from a second story window and one of them is in critical condition.

This was in Allston, MA and most of the residents were BU students.

Aftermath

Check your fire alarms guys, and make sure you have a plan to get out. In this day and age, we shouldn't be jumping out of windows to escape a fire. One of the jumpers actually called his mother first before he called the authorities, most likely because he thought he was going to die and figured it was more important to call a loved one than make a feeble attempt at calling for help before jumping.

Edit: Found video

Last edited:

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
cool story. glad everyone got to safety.
it looks like this is why you should not smoke in bed! any reason been given to why or how it started? the video link had been taken off line.
rather you than me out there in your pj's man. fook that must of been cold.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Hope everyone is ok.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Scary stuff, man! Nice shots, but the interior shots could conceivably get you in trouble, no?

The area wasn't cordoned off. Contractors were boarding up the house, but the policy I normally follow is to just not get in anyone's way when shooting, and obey instructions when they're given. I never entered the house, just held the camera up to windows and popped off a flash. After the last shot, I was told to come off the front porch, but that was it.

cool story. glad everyone got to safety.
it looks like this is why you should not smoke in bed! any reason been given to why or how it started? the video link had been taken off line.
rather you than me out there in your pj's man. fook that must of been cold.

They're still investigating how the fire started. My friends and I all believe it started on the second floor, but again we're not sure how. My guess is a space heater.

Last edited:

teejtiu

Passed Driver's Ed
Scary! From the looks of it I don't think anything will be salvageable.

On a side note, I wonder if firefighters put any chemicals in the water to prevent it from freezing.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
The roof. the roof. the roof is on fire!

But for reals, that sucks. At least everyone is ok. The keg in the washroom is kinda funny.