GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MCS JC GP

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
When i was test driving the MCS, the dealer was telling me about a new Mini Cooper S John Cooper GP coming over here w/ a 214 hp engine, and some crazy looking body mods.... well its out... and wow, its absolutly GORGEOUS. There are times when i regret not getting the mini, but all in all i love my GTI.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2541

Last edited:

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I like it, but I would not trade my GTI for it.

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
Not exactly my taste...

IMO, all of the John Cooper Works items are way over-priced. You can have same performance for less than half of what it would cost for the basic JCW package. Friend of mine has an '05 MCS with an Alta intake, Maganflow TBE and a smaller pulley....little bugger hauls!

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
DubtecV2 said:
Not exactly my taste...

IMO, all of the John Cooper Works items are way over-priced. You can have same performance for less than half of what it would cost for the basic JCW package. Friend of mine has an '05 MCS with an Alta intake, Maganflow TBE and a smaller pulley....little bugger hauls!

I agree, but the beauty of the JCW parts is that it's all covered under the manufacturer's warranty, plus you know it's top notch quality. For some people, that might be worth the extra premium over aftermarket parts.

My buddy also has an '05 MCS with similar mods, Alta intake, pulleys, etc. With the torque advantage my stock GTI (DSG) has, I can take him off the line without a problem. In the mid-RPM range, we are pretty even but I still have a slight edge. In the high-RPM range, he starts catching up.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
the only thing i dont like bout that is the price and the mirrors..
other wise id get it.. but id get a GTI over that.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
I'd rather have soemthing like that than my GTI if money wasn't as issue. Since it is an issue, I'm quite happy with my GTI.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
heh, yea it is 31k..... but i think that it owuld be 31k well spent :) if oyu think about it, you get options no one can ever get.