GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid Life GTI Journey

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The black calipers def. Make it as a whole picture look better for sure!

Do you have any shots down the side showing how much the isweep spoiler ends stick out?
IMG_3246.jpeg
IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3247.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
So even with the alignment and added - camber, the rear tires are rubbing on the fenders when I take fast turns. I really like these superspeed wheels so I’m thinking of swapping these ones out for a 8.5” wide wheel and 235 series tire. I know those fit. Too much squeaking with the added concentric camber adjustments in the rear as well.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So even with the alignment and added - camber, the rear tires are rubbing on the fenders when I take fast turns. I really like these superspeed wheels so I’m thinking of swapping these ones out for a 8.5” wide wheel and 235 series tire. I know those fit. Too much squeaking with the added concentric camber adjustments in the rear as well.
Have them fix the alignment and gain the camber like l mentioned and you won’t rub… I run a lower car with a 9.5 rear wheel at +22 offset and don’t rub.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Have them fix the alignment and gain the camber like l mentioned and you won’t rub… I run a lower car with a 9.5 rear wheel at +22 offset and don’t rub.
They adjusted camber via the concentric bolts like you mentioned. I guess I need more camber. The squeak is maybe coming from the spring perch pad?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Took them out to admire them. Bilstein b16 coilovers. Naturally, I’ve got a ton of stuff going on the next month so not sure when they’ll get installed.
I’ll also be removing the Eurosport camber inserts and going back to a smaller wheel. I didn’t mean to go down a rabbit hole of trying to get wider and wider tires to fit. The front has been bottoming out bad since I made the changes and I don’t like the squeaks from the rear even if they don’t rub. Thanks for all the input on that topic @El_bigote_AJ.

IMG_3366.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Are those the wheels/tires you’ll be running at VIR? There is a LOT of compression in T17/hog pen that will probably test fitment more than anywhere else I’ve been.
I’m running the apex 18x8.5 with 235/40.
At the alignment shop again currently. Discovered that 18x9 with 245 and -2 camber in rear is no bueno. Rubbing on fuel filler neck guard. Maybe that was the squeak?
Not sure if the shop would have been able to tell it was going to touch after the added - camber??

IMG_3370.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m running the apex 18x8.5 with 235/40.
At the alignment shop again currently. Discovered that 18x9 with 245 and -2 camber in rear is no bueno. Rubbing on fuel filler neck guard. Maybe that was the squeak?
Not sure if the shop would have been able to tell it was going to touch after the added - camber??

View attachment 296118
I run a rear subframe collar kit on my car also so that’s could also be in part why I can fit the 9.5” with the camber I have and not rub on that either 🤷🏼‍♂️. Cause I do know the rear sub frames do come from the factory shifted to one side more that the other, but I was under the impression that it was for extra clearance right there though.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Im glad I took the time to bleed the brakes and inspect everything prior to VIR. I only ran the wider wheel/tire setup for about 250mi

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
When you remove the mud guards have some compound and a polisher ready. I pulled mine at ~25k miles or so and theres an outline of abrasions from where they sat and debris rubbed into the paint.