GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK4 R32 vs MKV GTI

njrrado

Haldex and the quattro system audi uses on most of its cars are NOT the same. The TT, and probably the old a3/s3's are the only cars audi puts the haldex system in. The difference is that haldex drives the front wheels most of the time, then switches power to the rear wheels when necessary via a viscous center diff. With audi's normal quattro, power is divided up among 4 wheels all the time, and is then switched front to back, wheel to wheel depending on the slip conditions. to my knowledge all of audi's other cars (less the a3's and tt's) have this quattro system.

also, i think a better way to describe trailbraking is probably "braking into a corner" instead of doing all of your braking before the corner.

just my $.02, and my first post. woooot!

to the OP: what body rx-7 do you have? if its an FD, then why would you sell it to get a vw???? :eek: those things are awwesome.

-Drew

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
The system Audi uses on the rest of its cars is called Torsen. They also have a modified Torsen system for the S4 that is almost opposite of the R32. The S4's system sends I think 60% of the power to the rear wheels and 40% to the front, this gives it a RWD feel.

Pretty sure the new Passat might use the Torsen system though, I forget.

As far as R32 v GTI. The GTI pulls pretty much just as hard as an R32 just from a feel standpoint. I own a GTI and have driven and ridden in an R32. The GTI is also much stiffer throughout.

I would get the GTI and then spend the difference making it WAY faster than the R32.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
U drop a ECU chip, and youll be running heads up with an R32...theyre at 240hp plus, what is it 236lb/ft...come on...for 23,000+600 for a chip, u can be running 250hp and 285lb/ft tq...

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
And add a couple hundred pounds to the R32. Don't get me wrong, those are sweet, just don't have anything for us from a roll when you start the modding.