GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 4-Door

uwhusky

Ready to race!
Hey Fletcher,

Did you pay money to be the first guy on the list or did they just start a list with your name on it?

Did you custom order your 5-door or you just get first dibs at whatever comes their way?

I'm ready to put my custom order in, I know exactly what I want but my dealer's here say they aren't taking orders for them yet - that's because they're still unsure of when they're coming.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Oh man... I can't wait until July. I'll just stick to the 3 door.
It doesn't really matter that much to me since I rarely have any passengers.

fletcher8969

Passed Driver's Ed
I made a $500 deposit and ordered what I wanted. Of course they still don't have the final price (they expect $400 to $500 more than the 3 door) so we agreed on a reasonable amount over invoice when they get it.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Will be $500 more than the 3-door. Orders open up in a couple weeks.

uwhusky said:
Hey Fletcher,

Did you pay money to be the first guy on the list or did they just start a list with your name on it?

Did you custom order your 5-door or you just get first dibs at whatever comes their way?

I'm ready to put my custom order in, I know exactly what I want but my dealer's here say they aren't taking orders for them yet - that's because they're still unsure of when they're coming.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
You guys thing that there's any chance they'll cancel the 5 door for the US since it has come to light that the '08s will be the MKVI, thereby making the '07 5 door possibly only available for one year...?

katie

Autocross Champion
The five door does look a bit longer but it's still nice although I perfer 2 door cars cause I've always had one. I like longer rigid doors =)

Hm... the silver 5-door one reminds me of the mazda3 hatch. LOL I think something is wrong w/ my head.

Also, I was going to get MT but instead I went with DSG. I really like playing w/ the paddle shifters =) And plus, I'm always in traffic so it really does come in handy.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Not likely. Keep in mind that the 5-door has been available to most of the rest of the world for some time now so it's not as if VW would be producing the 5-door for a single model year. The engineering required for the 5-door has been done for a while now...NA just gets screwed on a regular basis when it comes to actually getting the most current styles from the factory.

UNCbigM said:
You guys thing that there's any chance they'll cancel the 5 door for the US since it has come to light that the '08s will be the MKVI, thereby making the '07 5 door possibly only available for one year...?

azmcs

uwhusky said:
Check this out, from the Buying Information Forum...

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188

Yeah, that's my thread over there. As to '06 vs '07 it is still unclear. As far as delivery time frame look towards July for a firm date, but maybe as early as late June depending on what you order and what the production cycle is like. VWoA computer ordering system may not reflect the car availability yet, but it should within a week or so. If you want to get pushy the sales manager at a dealership can place the order by email and fax with the regional folks. That's what my buddy did for us.

Standard golfs will be at dealers in late may is the other word. As well as an unset date for the Eos yet. My buddy drove one this past week and he said it was great on the track and will be a lot of fun to own!

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Would the 5 door be cheaper on in isurance from the 3 door?

pguy

Passed Driver's Ed
My dealer says he had a meeting with the regional rep, they're coming in July, and will be '07 models. Why is everyone so concerned whether or not they're 06s or 07s?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Launch Control!

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I need 4 doors like I need 4 nipples. This is supposed to be a sporty, small car, not a family sedan. Get a Jetta if you need to carpool.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
The more I see the 5 door the more I like it.
However, I can't order one without first trying it.
The coupe has longer doors and thus you gotta watch it in a parking lot.
The sedan has shorter doors but the drivers seat is probably behind the B pillar, and that
can make getting in an out slide around affair.
My 325i is a sedan and I have to watch the B pillar when I get in as it's about flush to where my head is.

I do like the A3 as it's easy to get in and out as well as the GLI. So, if the 5 door GTI is like those 2 cars, it should work nicely for me.

T

azmcs

MHS216 said:
I need 4 doors like I need 4 nipples. This is supposed to be a sporty, small car, not a family sedan. Get a Jetta if you need to carpool.

Um...technically it's a 5 door. And though you may think 3 doors=sporty 5 doors=sedan, technically you need a trunk to be a sedan.

Find another thread to post in if you don't want one. This was all going so well prior to you telling us what we should drive.