GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Bluetooth Pairing Issue

Ni66o

So Ive had my mk7 golf for about a month and the bluetooth was perfect with no issues. Then this morning I get into my car and the it didn't automatically pair with my phone. So I tried for a good 20 mins to connect it but it just does not pair. Do anyone know how to fix this or reset the bluetooth?

Last edited:

Ni66o

Ive tried that. I deleted the phone from bluetooth and have tried turning th bluetooth off and on for both my phone and the infotainment system.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Understood. Hard reset the infotainment system. Hold power for 10 seconds until you see it shutdown and reboot. For it to suddenly stop pairing sounds like maybe there was an update or something that's causing some conflict in the pairing.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Bluetooth can sometimes be troublesome on ANY device.. I just delete everything, hard reset everything and it eventually gets going again.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
I had this exact same issue in my wife's Alltrack last week. My Moto G4 just wouldn't pair with the infotainment, so I disconnected from both my phone and the infotainment. I tried to re-pair but it just wouldn't detect the phone no matter how many times I tried. I even turned the car off briefly, then restarted it, but it still wouldn't find the phone.

What finally fixed it was to say fuck it, I went to work for 4 hours (and used my BT headphones in that time) then when I went back out to the car at lunch, suddenly voila, it could find my phone again and re-paired successfully.

I think you just have to leave the car off for at least a few minutes, otherwise the infotainment BT module never truly powers down. Also it would also help to restart your phone and maybe also pair it with another BT device beforehand.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
mine does this if i start my car in the morning and walk away out of range. Easy fix for me is just turn the bluetooth off and on again on my phone and works

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Funny I had this same issue tonight trying to pair a new Xr to my 7.5 The pairing process seems odd. I never got the confirmation pairing digits on my phone nor any indication that th car found the phone despite the pairing numbers eventually being shown on the car. No evidence of successful pairing at the car. That said, when I backed out of the car pairing attempt the phone showed up. Odd.