fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Accidentally tore up my hatch weatherstripping when pushing a huge block of tooling foam into my car. Think this might be risking a leak, or can I get away with it as just cosmetic damage since it's at the bottom of the door?

20240415_185900.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
paging @scrllock

do the 6 pot RS calipers utilize the same size rotors as the TTRS (370mm)? Is it direct bolt up like the TTRS was?

asking for a friend lol

scrllock

Autocross Champion
paging @scrllock

do the 6 pot RS calipers utilize the same size rotors as the TTRS (370mm)? Is it direct bolt up like the TTRS was?

asking for a friend lol
which 6 pot RS calipers? The 8 pot TTRS/RS3 calipers bolt up to our knuckles as long as you use TTRS 370x34mm rotor, which is thicker than the 8J 370x32mm rotor and has a slightly different offset than the RS3 rotor.

Accidentally tore up my hatch weatherstripping when pushing a huge block of tooling foam into my car. Think this might be risking a leak, or can I get away with it as just cosmetic damage since it's at the bottom of the door?
weather stripping is very cheap, i'd just replace it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
which 6 pot RS calipers? The 8 pot TTRS/RS3 calipers bolt up to our knuckles as long as you use TTRS 370x34mm rotor, which is thicker than the 8J 370x32mm rotor and has a slightly different offset than the RS3 rotor.
Thanks!

and you were right....8 pot.....l was mistaken

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What is “injection window” when it comes to fueling?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Question for the electronic / coding gurus here. I had both my headlights replaced by a body shop, they lost the seal of one of the LCMs I noticed because the light fogged up in a day. They order a new LCM because supposedly VW don't sell just the seal for the one I have, today I noticed that the cornering light on that side is not lighting entirely, there is a 1/4 moon reflected on the wall when I turn to the right side, where I get the entire foreground lighted on the left.

Could this be the LCM? Or could it be possible that the LED got damaged due to the condensation? They said they had to get it programed when they installed it. I still have the LCM they removed without the seal, can I swap them over, or do they really need to be coded into the car? I really dislike dropping the car off at the body shop as every time they do something it takes them at least 3-4 days, other than the fact that I dislike them driving it to a second location to get worked on...

I have the 7.5 lighting package.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Question for the electronic / coding gurus here. I had both my headlights replaced by a body shop, they lost the seal of one of the LCMs I noticed because the light fogged up in a day. They order a new LCM because supposedly VW don't sell just the seal for the one I have, today I noticed that the cornering light on that side is not lighting entirely, there is a 1/4 moon reflected on the wall when I turn to the right side, where I get the entire foreground lighted on the left.

Could this be the LCM? Or could it be possible that the LED got damaged due to the condensation? They said they had to get it programed when they installed it. I still have the LCM they removed without the seal, can I swap them over, or do they really need to be coded into the car? I really dislike dropping the car off at the body shop as every time they do something it takes them at least 3-4 days, other than the fact that I dislike them driving it to a second location to get worked on...

I have the 7.5 lighting package.
I had a 7.5 lighting package replaced under warranty.....assuming LCM is lighting control module, they did have to program it to the car once they swapped out the headlight assembly. Now......what that entails I'm not sure...could just be associating it to the "left side" or "right side"

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I had a 7.5 lighting package replaced under warranty.....assuming LCM is lighting control module, they did have to program it to the car once they swapped out the headlight assembly. Now......what that entails I'm not sure...could just be associating it to the "left side" or "right side"
Thanks, I found a thread here last night that had the same info... I guess I will try swapping the old module in to see if that makes the cornering light work and go from there. Hopefully the seal is the same size on both modules.

@Cuzoe @DV52 can I program this with OBDEleven? Or is ODIS VCDS necessary?