GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8.5

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi. I found a Vin that is for a Golf R My25 and I believe it to be for a 8.5 restyling (Test Version) because there are pr-codes with optionals that are not available with the Golf 8 like these:

9ZP - Comfort telephony: wireless charging (fast charge) and external antenna connection
On the Golf 8 you have 9IJ,9WJ,9ZV,9ZX

8VP - LED rear combination lamp, variable lighting functions (Golf 8 8VM)
8G4 - Matrix beam
8IV - LED headlamps with variable light distribution (Golf 8 8IU)
These codes are similar to the ID7/ Skoda Enyak

8DG - Infotainment system with scalable module options (Options infotainment, MIB3 model update) version 2
(ID5 Has 8DB - Cockpit Infotainment Version 2 Generation 2)
(ID7 Has 8DC - Cockpit nfotainment Version 3 Generation 2)

UD9 - Exterior ambient lighting, variant 3 (Not available on the Golf 8 , for exterior lighting)

KA6 - Area View 360° Vision - With front and rear view camera system and two side cameras
Not available on the Golf 8.

8A2 - Intelligent Park assist IPA - Trained Parking (Not available on the Golf 8, only 7X5 for Park Assist)

EM2 - Advanced driver attention & drowsiness monitor (EM1 for the Golf 8)

Obviously this is a preproduction car so these feature might not make it to the production car.

Last edited:

sunny87

Interesting! Thanks for sharing Massimo.

Does anyone know whether they will be offering a manual gearbox in the UK? I'll be interested in the 8.5 GTI.

I know the manual had stopped mid-day through the year on the mk8. However, I've come across a few reports from this month where there are rumours saying VW may bring back the manual on the 8.5 GTI. Anyone got any details on this?

bentin

Autocross Champion
I think we’re all in the air on manuals right now. VW USA released a “final” version of the GTI and R with manuals for our 2024 cars, but with the change in EU laws making it easier to offer manuals again, no one has said if this is really the end. Supposedly they’re showing the Mk8.5 in January, so maybe we’ll get details then. You’ll likely know more sooner than us since US cars are always a little weird compared to ROW spec.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I’m currently locked in a battle with one of my front orange reflectors. It’s a major pain to remove to replace with painted ones. I may be done with messing with the front bumper for a while.