GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8.5

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Knowing the content of this forum (and others) and that no GTi or R models seem to be available yet, has anybody looked into or even went ahead and bought a 2024 MK 8.5 or is it too soon to ask that question!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Order books for the mk8.5 (non-performance models) only opened last Thursday (11th April), so probably a bit early to ask that question.

As for the GTI and R performance models; based on previous Golf new model and facelift launches, I’d anticipate order books for the GTI and R won’t open until Q3, with the first deliveries of GTI’s and R’s probably late Q4 2024 / early Q5 2025.

Currently, only the Life, Match and Style models are available to configure on the VW UK website. Assume the R Line (and GTE?) will be added in due course.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the reply,
I note diesel option for the Golf has been dropped, but not for larger VW models.

Arky

Thanks for the reply,
I note diesel option for the Golf has been dropped, but not for larger VW models.
What! No Diesels? I've been pretty unimpressed by my Mk8 GTD and was thinking of moving away from VW for my next car. Decision made.
I reckon the new steering wheel with physical buttons should be fitted free as a recall item! We must all have changed something inadvertently with the heel of our hands or slightly too much pressure on a button.