GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 eTSI Infotainment OTA Update stuck

Wheaty

Hi, can anyone tell me how to do a complete reset of the infotainment system please. System began loading & installing an OTA back in November 2021 and as at today it has only progressed around 10% of the installation - see photo below. I seem to have a connection with VW servers as the globe icon is lit. I have tried rebooting the system be holding down the power button but rebooting has no effect, having tried it several times. VW technical services were notified just 2 months ago but I have yet to receive any advice. So I am hoping a complete reset might clear the problem.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 42C58FD1-C6BD-4D0B-BC9C-49916F9D628E.jpeg
    42C58FD1-C6BD-4D0B-BC9C-49916F9D628E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
  • C14BCE3A-5941-4E42-BEB7-96DCB7DBDF01.jpeg
    C14BCE3A-5941-4E42-BEB7-96DCB7DBDF01.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 128

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
It states it will pause when you leave the vehicle so, speaking as someone who is just a few steps up from a techophobe (!), maybe go on longish journey (any excuse to drive your car) and see if it progresses.....

Wheaty

Thank you for assistance but I have tried all of your suggestions over the last 3 months including parked with engine on, parked with just ignition on, journeys of over 100 miles etc.

Wheaty

Thanks @welninski. Thanks to your suggestion, it got me thinking and I decided to do a factory reset on the infotainment unit (the final option on the ‘Settings‘ menu) and if this failed disconnect the battery. I did the factory reset yesterday morning and whilst it was a pain to entered all my details & revalidate with We Connect, it seems to have sorted the immediate problem of the crashed install. Nothing seems to be trying to reinstall the update after a couple of journeys in the last day. However, the Alexa app has reinstalled. Now left wondering if the OTA update actually installed or not or whether it is just showing as installed on the VW servers. Hey ho!