GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 OEM Suspension Info

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hey, big thanks to @mwoodski for help finding spring information on the MK8.

Below is the part number for the mk8 Club sport front springs. This spring is used on mk8 GTI, CS, and R, both manual and automatics.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Coil-Spring-Coil-Spring-Coil-Spring/105706899/5WA411105.html

This is what he's seeing for the rear springs, but I'm not sure it's correct.

5Q0511115HL

Searching for this spring it appears to be the rear spring for a bunch of cars, including some base Golf and Skoda models, so don't take that as gospel.

So my OEM plus path for upgrading suspension isn't looking good.

I'm going to look at the CSS thread to see what springs it uses. That might be a viable pad. For us.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ok, so looks like CS and CSS used same springs, just different front hub and different rear sway bar.

Well crap, so no real OEM way to take another 10 to 20 mm out of ride height.

On the brightside, this is likely about the optimal height performance wise and you get it straight from the dealer.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so looks like CS and CSS used same springs, just different front hub and different rear sway bar.

Well crap, so no real OEM way to take another 10 to 20 mm out of ride height.

On the brightside, this is likely about the optimal height performance wise and you get it straight from the dealer.
The closest thing I've seen to what you're looking for would be the H&R OE springs that have a 1/2-3/4'' drop.

I wanted to use those with Koni special actives but ended up going with coilovers since I convinced myself that I "needed" them.

That will definitely be my next setup if I get rid of the coilovers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The closest thing I've seen to what you're looking for would be the H&R OE springs that have a 1/2-3/4'' drop.

I wanted to use those with Koni special actives but ended up going with coilovers since I convinced myself that I "needed" them.

That will definitely be my next setup if I get rid of the coilovers.
Yeah, I never believe the advertised drop. I would do rear swift springs with adjustable perch.

When the factory DCC shocks fail, I'll do KW's DCC coilovers.

Never doing just springs again.