GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
According to the UK website, the electrically folding/adjustable door mirrors come as standard from Style upwards (under Comfort & Convenience), although it misses out the R-Line.

As an option they used to selectable when choosing Side Assist, but I’ve noticed that it currently says additional costs will apply with no indication of the actual cost.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
According to the UK website, the electrically folding/adjustable door mirrors come as standard from Style upwards (under Comfort & Convenience), although it misses out the R-Line.

As an option they used to selectable when choosing Side Assist, but I’ve noticed that it currently says additional costs will apply with no indication of the actual cost.
Yep, same case in my country. R line misses a lot of things the style has. Basically pay for a life trim but with R line looks

MrSmith77

I wonder if there is even any point asking for a provisional date at this point.

@MrSmith77 did the dealer notify you when they got a fixed production date (do they get told this by VW so they can call you or do they have to check)?
I was in touch with my dealer every 2 or 3 month, just to get any news about fixed date production. When i called 15.2 i was told there is fixed production week (she called main importer) and on 19.2 i got message from dealer my car got chasis number. 3 weeks later I got the car. There were about 5 more cars ordered the same time I ordered it and they still didnt have fixed production date only estimated. I was told I was lucky to get it in 10 months.

Last edited:

Ralphie137

Are there people that have had to wait for more than 12 months so far? Next week will be ~12 months (52 weeks) for me since I've ordered my GTE (April 2021).
Technically I have, or at least will have by the time it’s delivered.

I ordered a standard Golf GTE as my new company car at the end of June 21. I received another update from the lease company yesterday, possible delivery by 5th Sep 22 but no confirmed build date!

Getting really frustrated by the delay but can’t cancel and order something else as that will put me at the back of another long queue.

I have put order in on 7th of March for gti dsg, few options specd including h&k which you cannot spec anymore. It was already a confirmed build in system. I’ve been told week 44 but this is no confirmed build week

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I have put order in on 7th of March for gti dsg, few options specd including h&k which you cannot spec anymore. It was already a confirmed build in system. I’ve been told week 44 but this is no confirmed build week
Wonder if hk system delays our orders. Put mine in for a Style dsg in february 22nd.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Wonder if hk system delays our orders. Put mine in for a Style dsg in february 22nd.
I’d hazard a guess it may do. There’s a good chance Harman Kardon will be having similar issues to VW in getting supplies of semiconductors for their products, in which case they may not be able to manufacture and supply VW with the HK system for the mk8 Golf. That would probably mean;
  • VW would partially build cars with the HK option and move them to a storage facility until HK are able to manufacture and supply the HK systems, at which time VW would complete those partially built cars
or
  • VW postpone building cars with the HK system completely until HK can deliver.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d hazard a guess it may do. There’s a good chance Harman Kardon will be having similar issues to VW in getting supplies of semiconductors for their products, in which case they may not be able to manufacture and supply VW with the HK system for the mk8 Golf. That would probably mean;
  • VW would partially build cars with the HK option and move them to a storage facility until HK are able to manufacture and supply the HK systems, at which time VW would complete those partially built cars
or
As far as I can tell from following, well, mostly this forum :) there appears to be a 12+ months wait for performance and hybrid models and what is currently 10+ months for others (so the ones being ordered 10 months ago are being delivered now).

If you ordered a car this two months ago, I wouldn't bother too much with calculations and speculations as there are just too many factors ... Realistically, your car probably won't see a production line in 2022 (yikes, I know), and god knows how HK's production will look like when it does (I imagine it is a feature most don't opt for).

In any case, I suspect the lists just keeps getting longer, parts or no parts, just because the number of cars ordered per day is more than cars built per day for probably more than a year now :( a silly situation, but with few good alternatives ... Prices for cars on lots as well as used ones are quite mental now.

Last edited:

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
or
This actually goes somewhat in line with what my dealer told me in january, that in fact cars are being built with the parts they have but not to completion. They are stored away until parts that ar in shortage come. This was mainly reffering to parts that can be added at a later date that require chips.

Strymon Volante

Got an update recently to say that the Style 1.5 150 etsi that I ordered in Nov '21 and was expecting around August has now moved to Nov '22..... so I decided to have a look around hoping to find a nearly new Style but have gone for a nearly new GTI which I hope to collect in a few days time........

Reactions: wwo

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
In any case, I suspect the lists just keeps getting longer, parts or no parts, just because the number of cars ordered per day is more than cars built per day for probably more than a year now :( a silly situation, but with few good alternatives ... Prices for cars on lots as well as used ones are quite mental now.
My biggest fear is if VW announce a facelift. In my contract I could lose my price if there is a new version so I hope to god that VW don't announce a facelift knowing they have a monstrous backlog

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Facelift, by the time I get mine the Mk 9 will be out :D
Your Golf is here.

Your Golf:
195990-vw id 55.jpg

😄

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Those in this thread who received the car in the last month or two: any oppinions on the infotainment system? Happy with the boot time and speed? Any popups due to bugs or is is it behaving as you would expect? I imagine you should have the new hardware already (booting up almost instantly).
Took delivery of my Ehybrid on 12 March. No issues at all, not laggy, no bugs

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Your Golf is here.

Your Golf:
View attachment 245874
😄
Ha ha - as the saying goes ‘many a true word spoken in jest’.

I'm sorry but I just don't like the comical (IMHO) looks of the ID.3 with that weird, semi-smiling front end. Also, that strange raised gloss plastic panel between the windscreen and bonnet (hood) also looks like an afterthought to me - almost as if whoever designed the bonnet made it too small, so the gap was hurriedly filled with a black plastic panel.

The Cupra Born version looks so much better IMHO;
2D75128E-FD4F-4CF4-8691-71670BB5CB45.jpeg

@adam2231 - hopefully you’ll get the car you expect to get 🤞.

Reactions: wwo