GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha ha - as the saying goes ‘many a true word spoken in jest’.

I'm sorry but I just don't like the comical (IMHO) looks of the ID.3 with that weird, semi-smiling front end. Also, that strange raised gloss plastic panel between the windscreen and bonnet (hood) also looks like an afterthought to me - almost as if whoever designed the bonnet made it too small, so the gap was hurriedly filled with a black plastic panel.

The Cupra Born version looks so much better IMHO;
View attachment 245881

@adam2231 - hopefully you’ll get the car you expect to get 🤞.
ID3 is too heavy and crossover-y to really drive well for my taste, but it probably wont matter to most.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I could’ve ordered one of them and probably would’ve had it by now.
Hmmm 🤔, I’m not sure about that.

Judging by some of the posts on the ID.3 forum in their ‘Delivery Time’ discussion thread, there are equally long wait times on ID.3’s. One forum member posted 2-3 days ago that they ordered their car in Oct 2021 but have been told by their dealer they won’t see it this year. So that suggests at least a 15 month lead time if that person is ‘lucky’ enough to get their car delivered in Jan 2023.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!

Judging by some of the posts on the ID.3 forum in their ‘Delivery Time’ discussion thread, there are equally long wait times on ID.3’s. One forum member posted 2-3 days ago that they ordered their car in Oct 2021 but have been told by their dealer they won’t see it this year. So that suggests at least a 15 month lead time if that person is ‘lucky’ enough to get their car delivered in Jan 2023.
The horror...

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Again can confirm no issues with Infotainment.
Built mid January 2022 so new hardware (the new Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm and a faster graphics unit )
Oh so newer built cars get improved chips (if they can make them fast enough) ?

Ralphie137

I was basing this on colleagues who ordered around the same time as me (shortly before/shortly after) who’ve all taken delivery of their ID3’s.

If anything it just highlights what a mess VW’s ordering system is in right now.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it only on the discover Pro only though?
Damn, it really looks like it (source: Volkswagen Golf receives infotainment upgrade for 2022 | Auto Express), haven't noticed it before ... It kinda seems worth it now.
The upgraded infotainment hardware will be fitted to brand new Golfs produced in the new year, albeit only those specified with the Discover Pro system - this provides 25 per cent more computing capacity, and three-times the graphical power as before.

Cars without Discover Pro will receive the same processing power as today’ more advanced set-up, while the new software will be available to existing Golf owners as a free update.

Jeev202

I feel you pain on this, mine was ordered in June and I’m collecting next week. Was very near giving up as the build week just kept getting push back, twice it even went to the build week so I got my hopes up…only 7 days later to be pushed back another 2-3 weeks. The only advice I can give is don’t believe the build date till it’s actually gone to confirmed build..after that it only took 3 weeks to build. Mine has a pan roof and apparently they are taking longer due to the amount of additional chips needed
I know it’s ridiculous

Jeev202

i decided to cancel my factory order on the Golf R line as the chip shortage just kept getting worse. I managed to find a Audi A4 for the same price which was used but did 900 miles so not bad at all. The waiting was killing me.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
i decided to cancel my factory order on the Golf R line as the chip shortage just kept getting worse. I managed to find a Audi A4 for the same price which was used but did 900 miles so not bad at all. The waiting was killing me.
Congrats! I get a similar idea sometimes, but usually the A4s in the similar range are around 5 years old already and I cool off after listing all the tech I would miss 🙂

GMan22

Ready to race!
Hi guys, new to this site but I’m currently waiting on a Golf 8 R Line. My dealer informed me that I now have a confirmed build week of week 17 (w/b 25th April). When do you guys (hazarding a guess) expect delivery of the car? (All being well the build week doesn’t turn into WEEKS)