GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
So back in June I posted that I finally after 18 months had a confirmed build date for my GTD of the week commencing 3rd July. So imagine my shock when I got a txt this Tuesday 11th of July to advise me my car was not only built but actually in the UK. Seems like VW are getting there act together as they are now advertising the new Golf GTD is open for orders!
I’ve seen a few similar instances mentioned on other Golf forums too.

Hopefully build quality won’t be compromised as a result of ramping up production to clear the backlog of orders.

DenverPete

Well my tale of woe continues. On Thursday 6 July I received a call to say that my GTE was in the country and was expected to be delivered on Friday 7th or Monday 10th. No show. The following week I was told there is a hold-up at the UK port (don't know which one). So here we are, still waiting. I think they must have forgotten to put a 1st Class stamp on it, not that that makes any difference!!!
As of Monday 17th July it is my 2nd anniversary from placing the order, YES, 2 YEARS.

GTIfan23

So back in June I posted that I finally after 18 months had a confirmed build date for my GTD of the week commencing 3rd July. So imagine my shock when I got a txt this Tuesday 11th of July to advise me my car was not only built but actually in the UK. Seems like VW are getting there act together as they are now advertising the new Golf GTD is open for orders
That’s great news.
I received an update yesterday informing that my GTI Clubsport has eventually moved to a confirmed build date of mid August. So will hopefully see it towards the end of September.
So pleased things seem to be moving again at the Wolfsburg factory.

Gouldy

So finally got an update the car has been built and is at Emden port. But now the dealer doesn't know when it will get to the UK, attaching this letter from VW......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-101050.png
    Screenshot_20230717-101050.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 182

rayaans

Ready to race!
So finally got an update the car has been built and is at Emden port. But now the dealer doesn't know when it will get to the UK, attaching this letter from VW......

They have been sending this letter out since April 2023. I got the same one and was expecting a 1 month delay at Emden. The car decided to come over in less than 2 weeks. I think its just a generic letter "just in case"

On a side note - have done about 700 miles in ours. The 1.5eTSI is brilliant! Had to turn off the ACC speed detection because its downright dangerous and keeps adjusting the speed of the cruise control on the motorway when it recognises signs on slip roads, slamming brakes on etc. Turned it off and its all good.

Software is brilliant - fast, no crashes, no stupid lagging like people have in earlier cars (pre-72 plate).

Had one issue and that is the sunroof panel - it refuses to work sometimes meaning the sunroof cant be closed unless you get out of the car and close it with the key. Im thinking its the whole sunroof console rather than just that switch because when it does this, the lights stop responding as well.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
They have been sending this letter out since April 2023. I got the same one and was expecting a 1 month delay at Emden. The car decided to come over in less than 2 weeks. I think its just a generic letter "just in case"

On a side note - have done about 700 miles in ours. The 1.5eTSI is brilliant! Had to turn off the ACC speed detection because its downright dangerous and keeps adjusting the speed of the cruise control on the motorway when it recognises signs on slip roads, slamming brakes on etc. Turned it off and its all good.

Software is brilliant - fast, no crashes, no stupid lagging like people have in earlier cars (pre-72 plate).

Had one issue and that is the sunroof panel - it refuses to work sometimes meaning the sunroof cant be closed unless you get out of the car and close it with the key. Im thinking its the whole sunroof console rather than just that switch because when it does this, the lights stop responding as well.
How do you turn off the ACC speed detection? It drives me crazy!

Rammix

First time poster, long time lerker.

Finally had my GTE delivered today after ordering it as a company car through Lex in September 2021. I think the extras ( DCC, reversing camera, winter pack, 18" wheels) added to the wait time. I genuinely thought I was going to retire before getting this car (I'm 40).

I'm very happy with it and can't wait to take it for a proper blast once I've run it in.

DenverPete

Well I'm still waiting for my GTE, ordered in July 2021. It is now stuck Grimsby Port and has been for at least 3 weeks. Hopefully I will not have toooooo much longer to wait.

RAMMIX - It would be great to see some photos of wheels?
With regards to your age, you have many years but I've been retired for 14 years but like you it will be good to give it a proper blast of all 245BHP!

Rammix

PXL_20230726_164554827.jpg
PXL_20230726_164600522.jpg

Here you go @DenverPete

Hopefully you'll get yours soon. I haven't got to drive it much as I'm staying away for work. I've got a nice long drive home on Friday and next week on leave, so I'll put some mile on her soon.

Charger21

I seriously doubt I'm ever going to see mine tbh
And this proves correct. Have decided to cancel my order as it seems I'd be waiting for a facelift model into next year. Ordered in May with a november-ish delivery time but not prepared to wait longer than that especially on a facelifted model I don't know what it looks like or if there are any changes to the spec.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Well I'm still waiting for my GTE, ordered in July 2021. It is now stuck Grimsby Port and has been for at least 3 weeks. Hopefully I will not have toooooo much longer to wait.

RAMMIX - It would be great to see some photos of wheels?
With regards to your age, you have many years but I've been retired for 14 years but like you it will be good to give it a proper blast of all 245BHP!
Have had my GTE since October 2020. Had to wait about 10 days between ordering and delivery (happy days). Apart from many software issues I love the car. Seriously quick. Overtaking is very impressive. If like me you tend to do short journeys and your electric charging from home is a reasonable price it’s incredibly cheap to run.

DenverPete

View attachment 286970View attachment 286971

Here you go @DenverPete

Hopefully you'll get yours soon. I haven't got to drive it much as I'm staying away for work. I've got a nice long drive home on Friday and next week on leave, so I'll put some mile on her soon.
Thanks for the pictures. I'll reciprocate when I get it. I have gone for comfort: Standard 17" wheels, Leather interior, Metallic Atlantic Blue Paint, Head-up Display, Rear Camera and a Swivel Towing Bracket for a cycle rack.

rayaans

Ready to race!
How do you turn off the ACC speed detection? It drives me crazy!

Pretty straightforward actually. Press the Assist button in the centre console and go to the ACC settings.
Turn off the speed limit recognition / predictive cruise control settings.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Pretty straightforward actually. Press the Assist button in the centre console and go to the ACC settings.
Turn off the speed limit recognition / predictive cruise control settings.
Is it Speed Limit Preview?

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpeg
    IMG_3705.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 138