GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Kops

The order for my GTE was July 2021. It took until the end of June 2023 to complete and get it shipped to UK. I was told it was at Grimsby then after 3 weeks was advised it was actually at at Killinghome. Some documentation problem delayed things further. Delivery to the dealer is due on Monday 28 August. I am hopeful to take ownership on September 2nd.
To summarise 25 months 15 days. Is this a Record?
It apears so, but looks you only need to wait a few days.

I think i read about a April 21 order that came in June or July 23?

Mine from factory to delivery took 3-4 weeks.

GTIfan23

Just had an update from my local dealership informing me that my Golf is built and arrived at the port in Germany.
Does anyone know what the timeframe has been recently from getting from the port in Germany to arriving in the UK?

SteveWint

Just had an update from my local dealership informing me that my Golf is built and arrived at the port in Germany.
Does anyone know what the timeframe has been recently from getting from the port in Germany to arriving in the UK?
From getting to port in Emden to home delivery will have taken exactly 3 weeks (this coming Monday) after a 22 month wait

Flip flop

Hi all

Compared to some of your waits, mine is nothing, but it’s getting increasingly frustrating all the same.

After a number of unconfirmed build weeks, I finally got a confirmed date for the beginning of August. Then, I was told they didn’t build it, and I’m back to unconfirmed dates, which seem to go backwards every couple of weeks.

I’m now looking at an unconfirmed build week of the end of November. I’ve ordered this car as I hate my current one. I can’t tell you how much I despise it, and how many times I’ve wasted the day in the dealers having major issues fixed. I need to get rid, before I push it into a river!

I saw on this thread a few weeks ago someone decide not to wait any longer, and purchase another vehicle. I thought it a bit daft, and thought they should wait.

However, I’m now getting to the stage where I’m wondering exactly how long I should wait. Is it worth hanging on a few more months?

Charger21

Hi all

Compared to some of your waits, mine is nothing, but it’s getting increasingly frustrating all the same.

After a number of unconfirmed build weeks, I finally got a confirmed date for the beginning of August. Then, I was told they didn’t build it, and I’m back to unconfirmed dates, which seem to go backwards every couple of weeks.

I’m now looking at an unconfirmed build week of the end of November. I’ve ordered this car as I hate my current one. I can’t tell you how much I despise it, and how many times I’ve wasted the day in the dealers having major issues fixed. I need to get rid, before I push it into a river!

I saw on this thread a few weeks ago someone decide not to wait any longer, and purchase another vehicle. I thought it a bit daft, and thought they should wait.

However, I’m now getting to the stage where I’m wondering exactly how long I should wait. Is it worth hanging on a few more months?
Hi, that was me. My issue was that after being initially told November/December time then October then back to November/December before then being told Iit would be a facelift model sometime in the new year. Quite apart from the wait I didn't know what changes would be made to styling aswell as change in spec. Seeing as new facelifts seem to be cost cutting exercises these days I decided not to take the chance waiting for a car that already didn't have a simple thing like folding mirrors. I doubt there will be any deliveries before the facelift other than any current stock they may have lying about.

Flip flop

Hi, that was me. My issue was that after being initially told November/December time then October then back to November/December before then being told Iit would be a facelift model sometime in the new year. Quite apart from the wait I didn't know what changes would be made to styling aswell as change in spec. Seeing as new facelifts seem to be cost cutting exercises these days I decided not to take the chance waiting for a car that already didn't have a simple thing like folding mirrors. I doubt there will be any deliveries before the facelift other than any current stock they may have lying about.
I get it! It’s so frustrating and I do understand the constant changing dates, but when the confirmed build date doesn’t happen, that I find difficult to deal with.

Since I placed my order too, my car has depreciated heavily, so I’m left with more money to find. I’ve got an incredibly good deal on what I’ve specced, but I am getting tempted to go elsewhere.

Charger21

Depends what

I get it! It’s so frustrating and I do understand the constant changing dates, but when the confirmed build date doesn’t happen, that I find difficult to deal with.

Since I placed my order too, my car has depreciated heavily, so I’m left with more money to find. I’ve got an incredibly good deal on what I’ve specced, but I am getting tempted to go elsewhere.
Depends what you're looking for in a car. I had a Mercedes A200 previously and the longer the wait for the Golf went on with all the uncertainty I started feeling I didn't want to give up the Aclass interior and tech so got a new one which was delivered within a week.

Last edited:

DenverPete

Well At last I took ownership on 2nd September after 25 months & 17 days. Photos below.
Golf GTE 2.png
Golf GTE 1.png
Golf GTE 1.png

Charger21

Don't get why the new Tiguan has been revealed yet still waiting to see the Golf however if the Tiguan is anything to go by I'm glad I cancelled my Golf. Looks horrendous

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie

missd

I ordered mine in March 2022. I got my baby finally in November 2022. It was well worth the wait!!
My first time on this forum… a quick question and hoping someone here can help me! I bought the OBDeleven to get urban joker tail lights… I can’t seem to find that option in the odb… should I return the unit?

Thanks to all in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 101

GTIfan23

From getting to port in Emden to home delivery will have taken exactly 3 weeks (this coming Monday) after a 22 month wait
So nearly 8 weeks on from getting notified that my Golf was built and had arrived at Emden port. Still no sign of it.
The car was at Emden for 3 weeks and then arrived in the U.K. Dealership can not give me a delivery date, they just keep saying it shouldn’t be much longer. A total of 19 months since the order was placed. This is really taking the fun out of getting a new car.

Trevor M

It's arrived today! G8 Estate Style TSI 150 in King's Red. Took a bit longer than I had hoped (8 weeks from arriving at Emden,) but still five weeks ahead of the original proposed date. Ordered on 18th May, so much better than some have experienced.
First impressions are good, but still getting to grips with the infotainment system - managed to switch the Navigation display to the digital cluster, then had problems changing it back, which I prefer; eventually mananged it with help from a useful Youtube video. The handbook did not seem to be very useful in this respect. Will get adventurous and try to link the Volkswagen App, Android Auto etc. tomorrow.

coruro

Anyone had any proposed wait times, Ordered a R-Line 2.0 150 DSG in October and was told around May 2024 time!? And is there any news on the 8.5? not sure I like the proposed infotainment screen the same as the new Tiguan, seems a bit big for a golf.

GR270658

Anyone had any proposed wait times, Ordered a R-Line 2.0 150 DSG in October and was told around May 2024 time!? And is there any news on the 8.5? not sure I like the proposed infotainment screen the same as the new Tiguan, seems a bit big for a golf.
I made an order for a manual 1.5 150 R-Line in May this year and was given a delivery date of December '23 / January '24. As I hadn't heard anything re build times I was starting to think of cancelling and called last week to discuss it. I was told that they had a cancelled order available which had been made in March '23 which was the same spec as mine so they have switched me over to that order and it has a build date of 10.01.24. They said that car should then be with me around 08.03.24. So that will be a year from that original order going in. Like you, I queried re the 8.5 and when that would be coming out and the girl I dealt with said that they still had no details re launch date for the 8.5 or prices for that matter and that all orders currently in the pipeline would be getting dealt with prior to the 8.5 coming out. She said that any orders currently being taken for Golfs are for the existing 8.0 as far as they are concerned.

Last edited: