GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI vs. MKV GLI?

1972vw

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 GTI
I wanted something 2-door, and I like the GTI's styling better than the GLI. I also liked the hatchback, so much more practical for me.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I've owned three other hatches so this just seamed right. I do like the GLI Jetta. But I've always seen girls driving Jetta's. So I thought since my last car was a mini cooper Id avoid that stereotype this time lol

GTI-HaPpY

HaPpY TurBo
Car(s)
08' golf GTI
my family is VW lovers but if it was for like i would have looked for an 87-89 prelude with 4 wheel steering :) but i've grown accustomed to the GTI

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
GLI sleeps harder, most people assume its a 2.5L Jetta. I had the mkv rabbit, still a fan of the hatch and hopefully I'll return to it, but I'm going thru the sedan phase and loving it.

Tvp125

Ready to race!
I see more GTI's around my area then anything so I went with the GLI just to be different and I have no regrets both are great cars. And as stated above people who don't know Volkswagens think it is just a regular Jetta so it does surprise people when it pulls past them.

DanoftheDead

&#3232;_&#3232;
Car(s)
2008 GLI
GLI sleeps harder, most people assume its a 2.5L Jetta. I had the mkv rabbit, still a fan of the hatch and hopefully I'll return to it, but I'm going thru the sedan phase and loving it.

I see more GTI's around my area then anything so I went with the GLI just to be different and I have no regrets both are great cars. And as stated above people who don't know Volkswagens think it is just a regular Jetta so it does surprise people when it pulls past them.

x2

I was originally looking into getting a GTI but stumbled across my GLI and was able to get it at a price that worked for me. Personally I like the sublimeness of it. Plenty quick without drawing alot of attention by county mounties.