GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV GTI Window Liner Color Question

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
need some advice. someone brought to my attention that my window liner for my black gti is light grey, and that i should have the dealer fix it because it suppose to be black...!?!...does anyone else know of this?...it didn't bother me before...but since it was point out to me...now i wanna know if i'm the only one with this color...thanks!

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Black Sheep said:
need some advice. someone brought to my attention that my window liner for my black gti is light grey, and that i should have the dealer fix it because it suppose to be black...!?!...does anyone else know of this?...it didn't bother me before...but since it was point out to me...now i wanna know if i'm the only one with this color...thanks!

The areas around the windows on the inside should be the same color as the headliner.

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
thanks northgti...i'm wondering if i should bring it back now, since it's only that small section...what would you do...or anybody else out there?...=)

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i'd get that fixed...all black looks better in my opinion. but it's up to you, if you like it, then that makes your GTI unique :thumbsup:

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Black Sheep said:
...what would you do...

As a light color headliner is more upmarket in appearance, I would prefer a light color headliner.

But, I would want all the pieces to match-headliner and window surrounds.

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
NorthGTI said:
I would want all the pieces to match-headliner and window surrounds.

i agree with light color being more upscale...and i agree also with having all peices match...looking at it now...i think i'm going to go to the dealer and fix it...if i have time tomorrow i'll post a pic of my window liner.

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
i dun think my dealer will fix that for me:thumbdown:
why cant our GTi get factory tinted here in NA? i know the Touareg has a package like that. in that case all color will be match.
so anyone know how to get that window liner color fix??

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
i just came from vw here in hawaii, and we had to teack down 2 gti's on the lot and 4 different parts tech guys to confirm that my liner is mismatched...they were pretty shocked on how that mistake escaped the factory...only one parts guy said that it supposed to be like that, but i think it was an automatic reaction to say it's fine...i mentioned that the gti's on another dealership on the island is all the same color, so maybe you guys should mention something like that also.

well they ordered the part and i guess i have to wait till it arrives...can't wait to have an all black interior finally...

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
thanks black sheep!ill talk to my dealer when i get my second oil change!!cant wait to have an all black interior for mine, too!

but r they gonna replace the entire window? here is a pic of my window liner

Attachments

• DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited: