GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobile Phone Won't Connect

MrGolf112

Hi Everyone,

Please could someone help with this issue?

When I get into my car my mobile phone won't connect automatically. If I open my door and then close it the phone will connect or if I start the engine with the door open it will connect which is just bizarre.

I have taken my car to the dealer yesterday to fix this issue they said they update my software from version 1664 to version 1668 and this should fix the problem. Tried it again today still the same issue is happening not sure what else to do, guess I will have to contact the dealer again. I just want to see if anyone else is having this issue as surely VW must know how to fix this. The car is 12 months old and I can't believe this not been fixed.

Thanks everyone.

thepatrician

Hi,

I believe, or so I have been told by my dealer, that there is a separate Bluetooth control unit update for this, which they'll be updating on my car in December when it's in for it's 1st service, so can't unfortunately confirm whether the update works or not or does actually exist!

Antsyy

Hi,

I believe, or so I have been told by my dealer, that there is a separate Bluetooth control unit update for this, which they'll be updating on my car in December when it's in for it's 1st service, so can't unfortunately confirm whether the update works or not or does actually exist!
Please let us know if that update will work, i have had this problem over the year now.

Tony oddjob

H
Hi Everyone,

Please could someone help with this issue?

When I get into my car my mobile phone won't connect automatically. If I open my door and then close it the phone will connect or if I start the engine with the door open it will connect which is just bizarre.

I have taken my car to the dealer yesterday to fix this issue they said they update my software from version 1664 to version 1668 and this should fix the problem. Tried it again today still the same issue is happening not sure what else to do, guess I will have to contact the dealer again. I just want to see if anyone else is having this issue as surely VW must know how to fix this. The car is 12 months old and I can't believe this not been fixed.

Thanks everyone.
I've had my golf 8 etsi for 6 months now, great car but I have exactly the same issues with the phone not connecting. Hopefully VW will provide a fix soon.

thepatrician

Please let us know if that update will work, i have had this problem over the year now.
Well, here's the update, but it's not good news.

After having been told that there was control unit update for this that would fix the issue, I'm not convinced there is. My software has been updated from 1664 to 1668 with the only thing listed on the invoice being a "91BU" update to the media unit, which is what I'm assuming this relates to.

I initially thought that the Bluetooth issue had been fixed as my phone was automatically connecting the first few times I got in my car but I've since had the issue reoccur.

Frustrating.

The only plus point of the update I've noticed so far is that voice control now works - not that it is something I'll use much.

exesoundtech

Did you get a solid fix on this? Mine worked fine when it arrived just over a week ago, but has now stopped autoconnecting...

MrGolf112

Sadly I have got no were with it. I went in for an update last year but still had the issue. I believe a infotainment system update was released in April https://www.motor1.com/news/581370/2022-volkswagen-golf-improved-infotainment/ but I have not contacted the dealer yet about this. I am hoping this will fix the issue. I am still opening and closing the door for my mobile to connect it also doesn't work with Android auto wirelessly rubbish really for how much I paid for this car. VW standards have really gone down hill ☹️