GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motorcycle Thread

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
I plan on getting another bike for this upcoming season so I'll obviously have to get insurance for it.

I plan on getting a newer bike (09+ ZX6R) so I'll more than likely be leaning toward full coverage on it. For the hell of it, I quoted through Geico (my auto insurer) for a '13 ZX6R with 300/300 bodily - 100 property - 300/300 UM motorist coverage and it put me at $388/mo.

Who do you guys have and how much are you paying/mo? Thanks

After I get this figured out, I figured this could be a general motorcyclist chat thread.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I really want a BMW S1000RR lol. My allstate plan has me at 202/month on a quote for a new one.

No tickets
No accidents
home owner
300/300 amounts covered

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
I really want a BMW S1000RR lol. My allstate plan has me at 202/month on a quote for a new one.

No tickets
No accidents
home owner
300/300 amounts covered

Wow, Allstate is definitely one that I should look into then. Thanks for sharing.

wow motorcycle insurance is expensive, I always thought it would be really cheap for some reason

Takes a lot to insure yourself since you have much less protection.

NBACousinVinnie

Ready to race!
$388/ mo. is a lot for motorcycle ins...

That's a lot of liability, unless you have specific assets you are looking to protect. You may want to explore minimum liability limits (CT even allows you to reject UM/ UDM coverage) and perhaps look at higher deductibles on the comp/ collision. Good luck.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Are those the minimum required coverages for where you live?

For AZ, it isn't. I could get by on 50/50, but after what my wife (at the time) and I went through after her accident last year, it's better to get ourselves covered. Her friend flipped her jeep while my wife was in there 2-3 times into the median of the highway. Once the dust settled, our medical bills were more than twice what her friend had.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
wow motorcycle insurance is expensive, I always thought it would be really cheap for some reason

If you had something less powerful than a 600, I would think insurance would be less
It is essentially a sports car on 2 wheels, with no safeguards

Think about all of the dumbasses who think they are invincible on crotch rockets, and end up crashing.
How many motorcycle accident happens the first or second week of warm weather?

NBACousinVinnie

Ready to race!
Are those the minimum required coverages for where you live?

State mins in CT are 20/40/10 with the option to reject UM/ UDM/ UDMPD. But, unless you have really good medical insurance you are taking a risk by rejecting that. Some medical ins. co's won't cover injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents.

Also, if you own a house and/ or have a lot of assets to protect (aka money in the bank) you have to consider what you stand to lose if you injure somebody and you only have $20k liability per person, and $40k max. Although chances are that you'll be the only one injured in a motorcycle accident, you never know...