GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Since your so far down south where do you ride? Key Biscayne? Oleta? We should hook up for a ride.

I've only been to Virginia Key. I just started mountain biking about 6 months ago, so I'm not very good yet.

We're going this Saturday morning to VK.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
You should try Oleta. It's only 10 miles north. And it's alot cheaper. That $1.75 toll and $6 park fee gets Expensive when you ride everyday.

I'll PM you my number.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I don't know much about road kikes but I love my 2013 Fox CTD fork.

They look something like this:

Since your so far down south where do you ride? Key Biscayne? Oleta? We should hook up for a ride.

I used to bike in Everglades State (National?) Park when I lived down there, the trails are easy but it's pretty fun/scenic. That could get expensive too though, I think it's $5 per person to get in.

XLT_GTI

Ready to race!

Buferd

Ready to race!
I live about 2:30 hours from Jackson Hole and I try to make it to the bike park there at least a couple times a year. Been too damn busy this summer so this was a picture of my setup last time I went in June uploadfromtaptalk1376394835685.jpg

joffems

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone here tried Stan's No Tubes?

I was contemplating using it for my hardtail so I can drop the pressure in the tires, but I'm really not sure if it is worth the mess and effort to install. I would also assume that if I had to install a spare tube on the trail it would be pretty messy.

DaButcher

Ready to race!

I was contemplating using it for my hardtail so I can drop the pressure in the tires, but I'm really not sure if it is worth the mess and effort to install. I would also assume that if I had to install a spare tube on the trail it would be pretty messy.

It's definitely worth it. I would just have your Lbs do it cuz they shouldn't charge much. Changing a tube out on the trail isn't that bad and the tubeless reduces your chance by alot. The only better option is tubular, but those are way put of most people's price range.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

One of the better mods I did to my bike, but my wheels were tubeless ready from the factory. I'd make sure you have a rim that's somewhat capable of going tubeless, otherwise you run the risk of your tire coming off the rim while riding.

Its easy to install. Put the rim strip on. Put valve stems on. Put one side of the tire on. Pour in however much stans junk into the tire, then put the other side on. Remember the liquid sealant is in the tire, so don't put it horizontal lol. Then to seat just go nuts with a floor pump, most tires will seat.

The main advantage is how much better the tire will roll over stuff. And I don't necessarily mean bumps, but the whole ride is just smoother with less resistance. You can run much lower pressures, I've gone down to about 15-20 psi in the snow with great traction. Virtually no chance of ever having a flat again.

Best mod I did though was removing the 20mm travel spacer in my Fox fork, going from 80mm to 100mm travel. Takes the drop offs so much better now :D

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
You're very welcome.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Enve SES 6.7's came today :)

They aren't mine, it's just a demo set to use for a couple weeks while they build my Enve 65's

Buferd

Ready to race!
downhill bike with reflectors?! :sm3:

Hey heyyyy nowww. I didn't want to bust them off and I sometimes ride at night and want to be visible. I'll take them off someday but I haven't had the time or the want. My other friends that I ride with give me a hard time too so it's all good.

DaButcher

Ready to race!
I ripped mine off and use bontrager embers. They're very bright and easy to remove so you can just put them on at night