GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mustang GT

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Just wondering if any of you guys who have GTi's have driven an 06 Mustang GT, and if so, what you didnt like about it (for example, i just drove one and i didnt like the clutch or the gearbox very much) and what you did like about it (the torque and noise was great!). Also, just wondering why you would or wouldnt buy one (dont think i would buy one, the car was too big to justify the amount of usable interior space, super high insurance, gearbox...)

im not trying to start a war or anything here, i just want people opinions...

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
The power on that thing was awesome... The suspension felt like most any other domestic over 3,000lbs though, floaty and on a cloud.

GTI2007

We don't get the Mustang GT here in Belgium. The closest I can get to a Mustang GT is driving it in NFS Underground 2 or NFS Most Wanted.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Rear suspension technology from the 60s.

Need I say more? :biggrin:

You pay for what you get, my biggest wish for American cars is that they'd stop trying to cut corners and make everything cheap, spend some money, put in some passion and make a great car! I don't care if it's a little expensive, if it's actually good, I'll buy!

GTI2007

The GTI can beat a real horse but it will never match up with a Mustang GT who has a 4.6L V8 that produces 300 HP and has 320 lbs-ft of torque and accelerates from 0-62 mph in 5.2 seconds.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
The GTI can beat a real horse but it will never match up with a Mustang GT who has a 4.6L V8 that produces 300 HP and has 320 lbs-ft of torque and accelerates from 0-62 mph in 5.2 seconds.

Yeah, it'd be fun for 1/4mi. That'd be about it. I was impressed how it swept the SCCA races though.

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
A friend of mine has one, never drove it but did ride in it. I don't think I'd buy one. Sure they are fast, but I like my forced industion cars. :biggrin:

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
scuderiavw said:
Refuse to own or drive a Mustang, GM guy here:biggrin:

im sorry to hear that :iono: GM has been loosing money for awhile now,
(they compete against themselves)

it is very nice to see you in the VW scene
:thumbsup:

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
The interior is pretty bland, typical for U.S. made autos.

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
KharatosGTI said:
Rear suspension technology from the 60s.
I hear that!

Have you seen the commercial with the red GT in the warehouse?
There's a part in the commercial where the Mustang is powersliding around, and if you pay attention to the rear wheels, that Mustang is wheel hopping like a mo-fo...or should I say Fo-Mo-Co :bellyroll:
You'd think that after 40+ years of 'refining' they should have been able to take care of that.