GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 5.0

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Well, in the past two weeks I did some mods to my 5.0. Car is running like a charm and it handles amazing. I don't beat it on it too and I usually average about 21mpg between fill ups. The only factory options are HID + security package and 3.73 rear and it's a premium package so it has the leather, bluetooth, SYNC, and ambient lighting. Mods on the car are as follows:

SLP rear deck lid panel (got this when I got the car and planned to have it be my only mod)
Eibach Pro Kit springs
Eibach Pro Dampers
Ford Racing strut tower brace
Ford Racing tune
Ford Racing exhaust
K&N Filter
RTR Wheels with 275/40/19 Hankook Ventus EVO V12 (made by VMR for RTR)
RTR Front splitter
RTR Rear diffuser
RTR Aluminum wing
RTR side splitters
Painted gloss black center console (best mods so far)
RedLine Goods shift and brake boot to match the leather and stitching on the seats

I got some more mods planned in the future, but I am just waiting on vendors to get back to me with availability of the parts. Here is a few pics of the ride.

Last edited:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Gorgeous...

Bake

Go Kart Champion
that. is. sexy.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
I drove a stock GT/CS once. It's one hell of a car. Must be nice with the extras you have in there. Looks good.

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
man those new GT's are sexy.

hell, i'd even drive one of the new V6's. 300 something horsepower at 30mpg.

DUB2OT

Banned
ice ice baby word to your motha

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the comments guys. It definitely is a nice car. I've had 12 cars in the last 12 years, and I think this is finally the one I will be able to keep for a while. It has the best qualities of all the cars I've owned, and plenty of power for a street car.

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Thanks for the comments guys. It definitely is a nice car. I've had 12 cars in the last 12 years, and I think this is finally the one I will be able to keep for a while. It has the best qualities of all the cars I've owned, and plenty of power for a street car.

after all those mods how does it handle compared to a gti?

thats always been the turn off to the mustangs i've owned. great in a straight line, but fucked for cornering.

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
I drove a stock GT/CS once. It's one hell of a car. Must be nice with the extras you have in there. Looks good.

The California Special is nothing to the 5.0.....the new 5.0 are crazy, i'm waiting till 2014 50th anniversary for the pony..ford is coming out with something big for that year.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
after all those mods how does it handle compared to a gti?

thats always been the turn off to the mustangs i've owned. great in a straight line, but fucked for cornering.

I would say that statement applied to the Mustang until the 2010 track pack was released.

The 2010 Track Pack 4.6L, and the new 5.0s, even stock, out handle the GTI . The track pack suspension from the 2010s is the base suspension on the 2011 5.0s, and those pull over a .90g stock on a skid pad with all season 235/50/18 Pirelli P-Zeros. They also come with a pretty decent LSD stock.

The Brembo packaged cars get even stiffer sway bars, stiffer springs, different shocks, GT500 lower control arms, different tuning for the traction control and stability control, 255/40/19 summer tires and obviously the Brembo brakes. Those do about .96g on a skid pad. With my set up, my car is either on par, or slightly above a stock Brembo equipped car since I'm running 275/40/19 on all four corners, and have a much stiffer set up.

The California Special is nothing to the 5.0.....the new 5.0 are crazy, i'm waiting till 2014 50th anniversary for the pony..ford is coming out with something big for that year.

They have a California Special with the 5.0 in it. I'm pretty sure that is what he was talking about. And unless the 2013 is just a one year refresh, I wouldn't hold my breath for something too drastically different for 2014. The 2013 GT500 specs are 650hp, 600tq, 202mph top speed. It's gonna be tough to beat that in a year lol

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
They have a California Special with the 5.0 in it. I'm pretty sure that is what he was talking about. And unless the 2013 is just a one year refresh, I wouldn't hold my breath for something too drastically different for 2014. The 2013 GT500 specs are 650hp, 600tq, 202mph top speed. It's gonna be tough to beat that in a year lol
Ford has already announced that they're doing something special for the mustangs 50Th anniversary, they're just not saying what yet...for sure it was a major body change according to one of fords representatives..the change is mainly gonna happen with the GT and V6 first just like what they did with 05 GT,retro styling, they didn't come out with the gt500 till 1 years after.