GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Golf has Covid. It keeps ‘pinging’ me 🙄.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I’ve had my Golf for 15 months. A couple of weeks ago it suddenly started ‘pinging’ at me at the beginning or during every journey. A small window will appear on the dash saying something like “SOS not available” usually quickly followed by “Travel Assist not available”. Within seconds they usually disappear but a couple of times a SOS not available warning remains displayed for the remainder of the journey.

Why would this annoying issue suddenly rear it’s ugly head after 15 months?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Oh yes! I think I will have to learn to live with it. When it happens I shout “f*ck off” and the messages usually disappear. Who says voice control doesn’t work.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Oh jolly gosh! (not my first choice of words). This morning for the first time in months my car started confusing kph with mph again. Will contact my incompetent dealer and see if they can update my software from 1668 to 1810 although I doubt if they would have a clue what I was talking about.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I think maybe thats why the 1810 is taking longer to come out.. because the TPI for 1810 i have seen come out in Germany and Italy have the keyword “”Only for L0L” left hand drive…

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I think maybe thats why the 1810 is taking longer to come out.. because the TPI for 1810 i have seen come out in Germany and Italy have the keyword “”Only for L0L” left hand drive…
Thanks for that. Do you have any idea when this 1810 right hand drive software comes available? I tried to persuade my Golf to have a double Covid vaccine plus the booster but it said “Nein” 🙄.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Was in the workshop for the oil change today and was told that they are going to swap the steering wheel to resolve the TA and EA faults.
Still no TPI for 166x to 1810.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
No I have the normal buttons..
tempImageQAY7rM.png

Dhiller007

I had the exact same problem that you are having. The dealer replaced my steering wheel (normal buttons) to cure the pinging.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
On every journey messages of inoperative SOS and Travel Assist keep appearing on the dash together with annoying ‘pinging’. Is it‘s possible to turn off the pinging? Perhaps I can reach under the dash, grab a wire and cut it with a pair of wire cutters or maybe disconnect a spade connector 🤔🙄👍.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
From the TPI it seems only the steering wheel with the normal buttons get swapped as if only these have trouble with the touch sensors…
Maturedriver when you restart the infotainment do you get the GTE logo?
(To restart long press 10 seconds the on/off button for the infotainment)