GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NA and Euro Seats are different

deadhead

Ready to race!
Have those of you who are complaining about the US cloth seats actually sat in them? I was also bummed when I saw that the interlagos cloth seats didn't have the same bolstering as the leather seats. My first test drive in a MkV was a GLI with leather, and I was convinced that those were the seats that I had to have. However, when I test drove a MkV GTI, it had cloth, and to be honest, the seats are great. They still hold you in place --- in fact, maybe better than the leather seats, because the cloth is grippier -- plus there's the whole hot in summer, cold in winter thing with leather. I'm now planning on ordering my 5-door GTI with cloth interior instead of leather.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
white rabbit said:
Is somebody "cough" fat "cough" ? Sorry but that's what it looks like on my screen.

The Euro seat are available in NA as leather, but only as black leather. I woud prefer to have the brown leather myself.

I just can't seem to win.

Unless....ring ring, I call a friend in Europe and order costly Euro replacements. But I think I'm dreaming on this one.

:iono: What?
What looks like what on your screen?

Did you understand the comments to which you responded?
Just curious. :rolleyes:

T

GTT

Touring Car Champion
deadhead said:
Have those of you who are complaining about the US cloth seats actually sat in them? I was also bummed when I saw that the interlagos cloth seats didn't have the same bolstering as the leather seats. My first test drive in a MkV was a GLI with leather, and I was convinced that those were the seats that I had to have. However, when I test drove a MkV GTI, it had cloth, and to be honest, the seats are great. They still hold you in place --- in fact, maybe better than the leather seats, because the cloth is grippier -- plus there's the whole hot in summer, cold in winter thing with leather. I'm now planning on ordering my 5-door GTI with cloth interior instead of leather.

Granted that cloth seats keep their temperature more consistent. However, I've never had a problem with hot or cold with leather seats. Leather is a natural product and "breathes" quite well. In the summer they are only hot if the sun is directly on them, and only for short amount of time. Also, they don't get nearly as FIREY hot as vinyl of years ago.
In the cold, leather seats warm up as quickly as clotch seats, and with heated seats option the cold issue becomes even more moot.

I prefer leather over cloth because leather cleans easier, doesn't absorb body "odor", or spilled liquids, they won't stain over time, and for me leather seats are more durable.
Plus, you get that nice new car and leather smell. :thumbsup:

T

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
looks like the major difference "visually" is the headrest which the EU ones do look nicer, I'm thinking swap the head-rests and it will look better. any one have a clue if they sell them separately/fit on NA seats? any one have prices for the EU seats? :iono:

another thing, from the NA seats, it looks like the headrests are slightly slanted forward...do they have the active head restrait(or whatever its called) thingie on the seats? my current car(mazda6) has it and I think its a safety feature, looks like the EU head rests are just vertical. is it the US safety standards screwing with us again like in the ride height?:thumbdown:

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Well.. something like that, yeah.

The headrests on the cloth seats are able to tilt forward, while the leather ones are not. It's the only thing about the leather that I'm a bit disappointed about.

After having the leather, though, I don't think I could go to the cloth seats... Leather is niiiiiceee... =P

- Jibbly

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Looking at these pictures it seems that the Canadian cloth seats appear as narrow as the Eu seats. The only difference seems to be the head rests. If this is the case, it is because (according to my dealer) VwoA and VWoC are two separate entities again this year. That explains why the options packages are vastly different as each division has components specific to what they think will sell for them. Our seats also have what I think are called "passive restraint" headrests; they tilt forward, I guess to absorb some of the impact in an accident.

Unfortunately for those of you south of the border, our dollar has been doing well, otherwise you might be able to pick up the narrower seats at a comparatively lower cost.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
RJS5689 said:
Ok, i do have Bi-Xenons, i put it to the test hehe sorry guys

we've all been there... :drinking:

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Wait a min. the US spec cloth seats have more room for my wide a s s? DAMN IT oh well I got package 2 and have leather. I cant imagine waking up and driving to work without heated seats. mmmmm butt is toasty.

I Heard that the new lexus have heated and cooling seats....that would be sweet.

Well...the dealer said they would be able to piece them together but it would be about 3k euros....I just sent an email to the local Recaro dealer to see what kind of price I can get....

We will see