GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nearly 30 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
if i knew this guy and knew his motive, i would gouge his eyeballs out and slowly beat his fucken brain in his skull

CreativeFuel

Passed Driver's Ed
The second amendment isn't about reasonable hunting firearms. It's about the citizenry being able to protect itself from the government. We should be able to buy tanks, not merely automatic rifles...

You seem like a reasonable person. I'm saving up for a tank too. But I'm waiting for the 2014's. They're supposed to get a redesign and extra horsepower. Until then, I'll continue to hide in my underground shelter with my stockpile of weapons. Are the black helicopters following you too? I must get off this line before they triangulate my position. We must take our country back from "these people". Be vigilant, my friend. I will signal you when it's time to attack.

AMERICA... F*** YEAH!!!

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
Lockdowns are like shooting fish in a barrel. Telling everyone to run for their lives both makes everyone a moving target and potentially gives you a better chance of surviving a bomb.

I agree just a little bit on that. It does make a central target for the shooter(s), but the doors are locked, kids are on the floor and windows are covered. I'm not saying it's fort knox, but it keeps kids out of the hallways where the shooters are most certainly to be.

I think since the police have changed their tactics and respond to these situations much more rapidly instead of setting up outside and making a plan, they want students to stay in classes so they can better assess who is a threat. Kids running around is probably a friggin nightmare for police.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I'm still for personal reasons gonna keep owning my pistols, shotguns, and military type rifles. Because when the shit hits the fan majorly, which one day I honestly believe it will. I will have something to at least survive for a while or take some of them down before I go. I won't be some pussy sitting behind a computer wishing I had bought a gun a long time ago. This thread was about the senseless thing's some crazy fuckers do. I hate that the media and others already take advantage of the situation to explain why this is why gun laws need to be stronger. The gun laws that were in place already protected this guy from buying his own weapons which he was turned down for. So no matter what how are you going to stop a crazed person from stealing weapons from his family, and then going ballistic. Now more security at the school, that should be something that may be able to be looked into. I understand they already had some form of it, and the kid still bypassed the entire system. So failure on that part of the person who was responsible for manning that station. Not make gun regulations stronger. You will never be able to protect everyone. I'm still a believer in if more people took the time to take self defense classes, learn how to properly use a weapon, how to properly shoot it, store it etc, this nation would be a much better and safer place. As some of you know I am a gun shot victim. So if anyone has more experience please chime in. I have permanent nerve damage in my right leg, scar tissue through my inner thigh, had 3 surgeries on my lower intestine, and a fractured left hip with torn muscles. All of that that was point blank from a Springfield XDM .40 I still don't start blaming gun laws and regulations, I blame the idiot who pulled the trigger and I will still own every one of my weapons until someone changes the law to the point where I go down fighting for those rights. My prayers are completely with those families as I myself have 2 little girls around those ages. I can't even comprehend their losses.

Last edited:

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
this is always what everyone does. something like this happens and everyone then, and only then, for a few weeks while the story is hot w/the media, wants to talk about solutions. the truth is, this will always happen. always. its totally random and there is no way to control it. make it harder for someone to get a gun legally and they will get it illegally. simple as that. no guns, they will find something else. and what then if some new policy is put in place, everyone has to suffer because of a few people that go nuts? thats always how it goes.. stupid laws and rules are always put in place because a handful of people ruin it for the rest of us. im a democrat and you can still pry my firearm from my cold, dead hands you godamn voice of reason tree hugger.

Your definition of suffering: waaaah I can't own a gun.

My definition: twenty families who had their children stolen from them in an extremely violent way.

This will always happen? Who the fuck accepts that?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I agree just a little bit on that. It does make a central target for the shooter(s), but the doors are locked, kids are on the floor and windows are covered. I'm not saying it's fort knox, but it keeps kids out of the hallways where the shooters are most certainly to be.

I think since the police have changed their tactics and respond to these situations much more rapidly instead of setting up outside and making a plan, they want students to stay in classes so they can better assess who is a threat. Kids running around is probably a friggin nightmare for police.

My high school had cubicle walls separating 75% of the classrooms and bullets go right though fabric and cardboard. If shots had been fired I'd have booked it to give myself at least a chance.

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
My high school had cubicle walls separating 75% of the classrooms and bullets go right though fabric and cardboard. If shots had been fired I'd have booked it to give myself at least a chance.

Jesus. I'd run too if I went to that school.

I think it would be easy and cost effective to retrofit classroom doors with bullet proof glass. The doors usually only have a small narrow window, but this would prevent someone from shooting out the window and unlocking the door from the other side. Wedge a wooden door stop on the other side and you're likely not getting inside.

My gf's mom is a teacher as well, and she said that she has to lock the door from the outside in the event of a lock down. I think that is so stupid. You will fumble with your keys, risk getting shot, and might not even get the door locked. Put the locks on the inside.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!

My definition: twenty families who had their children stolen from them in an extremely violent way.

Definition of suffering-having your rights taken away because a portion of the population don't have the balls to accept that crazy people do crazy shit. Buy a gun, and when something like this happens close to you, take the mother****** out.

My definition-tragic loss just like going to war in other counties, people getting blown up, car bombs, suicide bombers, crazy people who one way or another will find a way to take people out. The guy could have had a screwdriver in his pocket and killed the same amount of kids at that age that would have been unable to defend themselves in a closed off room.

Thing's like this will always happen. Laws cant adjust or regulate when or how someone is going to snap and want to kill someone. Acceptance is the only issue that will be hard. I have lost many close friends and even a family member to senseless acts as well as 3 deployments overseas. Acceptance is part of moving on and at least knowing you personally did all you could do.

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
Definition of suffering-having your rights taken away because a portion of the population don't have the balls to accept that crazy people do crazy shit. Buy a gun, and when something like this happens close to you, take the mother****** out.

My definition-tragic loss just like going to war in other counties, people getting blown up, car bombs, suicide bombers, crazy people who one way or another will find a way to take people out. The guy could have had a screwdriver in his pocket and killed the same amount of kids at that age that would have been unable to defend themselves in a closed off room.

Thing's like this will always happen. Laws cant adjust or regulate when or how someone is going to snap and want to kill someone. Acceptance is the only issue that will be hard. I have lost many close friends and even a family member to senseless acts as well as 3 deployments overseas. Acceptance is part of moving on and at least knowing you personally did all you could do.

A screwdriver? C'mon man...

I was going to write a response until I read that.

McQueen77

Banned

suffer may be a strong word. whatever, semantics. yes, horrible things like this will continue to happen and have always happened. things like this happened in the Congo, like, every week for years and the most we ever heard about it in the us of a is a few national geographic documentaries. no one is saying this wasn't horrible, but yes, this will always happen from time to time.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Some countries in this case the UK is banning knifes... as well.

https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife
The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and a fine of £5,000.
Knives that are illegal

There is a complete ban on the sale of some knives:

flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
disguised knives – eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
gravity knives
sword-sticks
samurai swords
hand or foot-claws
push daggers
kubotan (cylindrical container, holding spikes)
shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)
This is not a complete list of banned knives. If you want to check if a knife is illegal or not you should contact your local police force.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

agreed^.. apparently, the rights of people to have whatever artillery and weapons they want, is far greater than the rights of our children not to be gunned down in class. We should simply accept that this is "normal", and that stuff like this occurring every week or month is "normal", and that criminals can still get guns, even though these fucks had guns legally... we just have to accept it I guess. #'MERICA

who are you to define a tragic loss for someone else, or to say that having your child shot execution style in a school in Connecticut is not tragic? I take it you do not have children...

oh , so if tragic is just explosions and car bombs, then we should "ban" guns then, yes? cos surely we would not see that number of car bombs and explosions here in the US? as I've again stated, besides some example from 1927, where is there stats on felons or anyone, who without access to a firearm, figured out another way to have a mass killing with a car, screwdriver, or a pipe? those are the examples given by your arguments, so provide data - there is none.

rights to bear arms, or rights to bear military arms and large mags, etc, etc- that is the question, not the right in of itself... and "suffer" because you can't go jerk it on your AR-15? give me a fucking break.. suffering is people dying, suffering is the parents of these poor kids.

A screwdriver? what a goddamn stupid ass example, are you kidding? even the incident in china with the stabbing resulted in ZERO fatalities.. I love how we keep comparing AR-15's and 30 shot banana clips to "household items, cars, and screwdrivers"... this country has truly lost its mind and is VERY VERY sick , to just insist that this will, should, and is apparently "ok" , to keep happening.

If that is the case, then federal taxes should be raised on firearms and ammunition so we can build our high security schools and libraries, etc, since apparently most gun owners don't want to do ANYTHING else... you can't have it both ways... but then again, the right's been doing this for a while.

A screwdriver? C'mon man...

I was going to write a response until I read that.

this^

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
agreed^.. apparently, the rights of people to have whatever artillery and weapons they want, is far greater than the rights of our children not to be gunned down in class. We should simply accept that this is "normal", and that stuff like this occurring every week or month is "normal", and that criminals can still get guns, even though these fucks had guns legally... we just have to accept it I guess. #'MERICA

who are you to define a tragic loss for someone else, or to say that having your child shot execution style in a school in Connecticut is not tragic? I take it you do not have children...

oh , so if tragic is just explosions and car bombs, then we should "ban" guns then, yes? cos surely we would not see that number of car bombs and explosions here in the US? as I've again stated, besides some example from 1927, where is there stats on felons or anyone, who without access to a firearm, figured out another way to have a mass killing with a car, screwdriver, or a pipe? those are the examples given by your arguments, so provide data - there is none.

rights to bear arms, or rights to bear military arms and large mags, etc, etc- that is the question, not the right in of itself... and "suffer" because you can't go jerk it on your AR-15? give me a fucking break.. suffering is people dying, suffering is the parents of these poor kids.

A screwdriver? what a goddamn stupid ass example, are you kidding? even the incident in china with the stabbing resulted in ZERO fatalities.. I love how we keep comparing AR-15's and 30 shot banana clips to "household items, cars, and screwdrivers"... this country has truly lost its mind and is VERY VERY sick , to just insist that this will, should, and is apparently "ok" , to keep happening.

If that is the case, then federal taxes should be raised on firearms and ammunition so we can build our high security schools and libraries, etc, since apparently most gun owners don't want to do ANYTHING else... you can't have it both ways... but then again, the right's been doing this for a while.

this^

Agree completely, the obsession grown adults have with guns is like kids with their toys. And why folks feel the need to have arsenals in their homes is beyond comprehension. If you must have guns, keep them secure!

Not that it would ever fly, but I'd like to see a model where you can own a gun but not store it at home. It would stay in secure lockup until you check it out for the weekend to go hunting or target shooting. With this sort of model this kid would have not had access to assault weapons.