GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need a car that seats 7- any suggestions?

33b5e5

Passed Driver's Ed
My wife is getting ready to trade in her well-worn Honda minivan for a new car. We need something that seats 7. She's thinking about leaving the minivan world for something different. I think that automatically means an SUV or crossover. Anyone own a 7 seater that they really like? Thanks for sharing your opinions!

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
We recently picked up a 2014 Infiniti QX60 for my wife. It's our first "premium" brand purchase and she loves it - so I'm happy. Very plush with lots of standard options. Heated steering wheel is a nice touch. 3rd row is easily accessible by the kids.

Best part, these sell for well under invoice so don't be put off by the $45k+ sticker price. Do your research and you'll get a great deal.

We also considered the Acura MDX and Lincoln MKT. Both nice, but the Infiniti cost less and offered a great deal.

DowneyTDI

Ready to race!
If you want to fit 7 comfortably then another minivan is the best way to go. The 3rd row in SUVs are cramped. I like the look of the newer Sienna SEs but the Odyssey seems to be the gold standard of minivans. If she doesn't mind the "mad mom in a minivan" stigma then why not trade in for a new Odyessey? I'm sure she'll love the tech upgrades the new models have.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Lexus GX470 is very coo

Thumper

Autocross Champion
any 7 seater that isn't a van will have the 3rd row in the trunk with midget leg room.

I thought the same thing, but the wife and I were considering the Q7 a couple months ago and that was one of our thoughts. We ended up going with the Q5 instead as we didn't really need 7 seats and the Q5 TDI tows enough for my needs, plus I wanted more performance.

But I asked the salesperson about the rear seat situation as my sister has a Tahoe and I always laughed at the "7 passenger" seating cause the seats are just bolted on the floor, no leg area at all, you sit cross legged :lol:

Anyway, he climbed in and showed, there is actually room for legs. No, a full sized adult will not be lounging back there, but for 5'6" or so adaults and kids, it's perfect.

eurocars1

Ready to race!

Thumper

Autocross Champion