GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need for Speed SHIFT

Squish_GTI

Ball till I fall
Just got the game today on Xbox and they have our GTI (the MKV) in the game! They also have three stages, where stage 1 turbo upgrade is $10,000 but only a 3hp increase lol

so far, i've come to Tier 3 (Level 3) in the game and didn't have to buy any new cars to compete with the M3's, the RS4's, the Cayman S's, etc. My GTI in the game is now stage 3, full body kit... full on race car.

Rent/Buy this game when you get a chance, it's super fun and one of the best racing games of all time. If you're a racing simulator kinda guy, wait for Forza.

Peace out!! :thumbsup:

hkswrxti

/black magic
Hoping to get this game next week along with Midnight club LA for ps3.

Could you lower/slam cars in this game? Or do you have to buy suspension package tiers and it will lower the car buy itself?

Doug18

this game really pissed me off the controls/driving physics are wack it is like you are trying to drive on gravel roads the whole time

hkswrxti

/black magic
Another question I have is: can you paint stock wheels?

I would love to paint the huffs a different color. Thanks!

Doug18

yea the physics make me feel sick but I am a simulator guy so thats why.

i mean if it was more like nfs prostreet (or previous nfs's) it would of been a playable game but they went and tried to make it more realistic to try to compete with forza and gt and failed horribly ... to me the nfs series really started to go downhill after underground 2

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Actually the game was a big improvement from what all the gamer sites say from before even though I do agree that after underground it just got gay.

Pretty much the style of the game now is half simulator/half arcade. I have the game and I only played it for like 3 days and got pissed off. I think paintng the wheels is a possibility actually but not sure...

Honestly I hate it because I hate simulators and I dont think they perfected or came close to perfecting whatever the hell they were trying to do. Cars in Tier 2 end up being better in many ways than Tier 3, and even though handling is different on different cars, some feel like crap. The m3 or any sedan like STi or whatever feels like your driving a tractor. Heavy and loaded down with shitty handling.

My car was the Lotus Elise and I would say it handles the best and ohhh that whining turbo is addicting lol(all cars make different noises depending on motor/turbo/mods) but when I upgraded to the Lotus Exige it was like I was downgrading, lol the car was horrible.

Then I thought hmm let me get the Porshe gt2 or gt3 and both cars were horrible and would always just peel out and I would lose.

The games has good points as I mentioned the awesome noises from turbo's screaming, and I like how the NOS is used. Tracks are pretty good and its fun hitting other cars and sending them off the track or flipping em out and getting points for it. And it has cool features like getting points for drifting, passing an opponent cleanly or "trading paint" as its called. It also has like all the cars and up;grades you would want.

Overall if you like simulators, you should really like this game even though its rough around the edge in some spots.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Or mod your xbox so you dont care when a game sucks lol

BTW Gamspot has this thing where you can return a game within 7 days if you dont like it.

hkswrxti

/black magic
i mean if it was more like nfs prostreet (or previous nfs's) it would of been a playable game but they went and tried to make it more realistic to try to compete with forza and gt and failed horribly ... to me the nfs series really started to go downhill after underground 2

I have to say that NFS started falling after NFS Most Wanted. I actually loved that game. At that point, it started to go downhill.

I love Underground 2 because of the free-roam and the fact that you can drive freely when you wanted and you drive through routes to your destinations. Also you can do missions to get extra cash. Love the fact that you have to drive to your race and then race there. I just miss the free-roam gameplay.

I bought NFS pro-street (AKA the NFS Carbon, which was not bad) for PS2 and that was mistake ever. I didn't even finish the game. I entirely missed the free-roam capability. I hope they bring it back, which I highly doubt.

BTW: if the GameSpot return post above is true, Ill probably do that and check out the game.