GOLFMKV

Need help choosing between 2 new toys

Strmtrpr

Censored
I have a d50 and have the following lenses

Kit 18-55
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

I want to choose between these two for a good walk around lens

Nikon 55-200mm VR or the 18-70 (d70 kit lens)

The 70 has the whole wide angle thing going for it but is a bit more expensive...any thoughts?

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
Depending on where u walk around more...but I have a 35-200mm and a 24mm fix, I tend to use the 24mm a lot more. If you are in urban area most of the time, I think 18-70 will be much better (that's just me though)

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
55-200 is not really a walk-around, it is a mild tele-zoom.

What do you shoot?

I spent big bux on a nice 70-200mm zoom that I hardly ever use because I bought it before I realized that I prefer to shoot landscapes and architecture.. and really don't need a tele-zoom. Don't be like me.

PS: Go find yerself an uber-wide angle.. :thumbsup:

gs3xr_fun

TeamGo808.com
if you're going to buy the 18-70mm, you already got the 18-55mm. the 15mm difference is a few footsteps remedied. i'd save up for 18-200 for a walk around and keep the 50mm handy.

Strmtrpr

Censored
While I know the 18-200 seems to be fucking awesome I cant bring myself to pay that much right now for a camera lens...will have to be a purchase some other time.

I have heard great things about the 55-200mm, I know it does not compare but this will hold me over till I feel comfortable spending that much on glass. :lol:

As far as what I shoot....pretty much anything lol. I went with the 55-200mm after reading alot more info about it. The 18-200 will come later this year or maybe tax return time next year depending on how things are going.

Any ideas on a decent super wide angle lens? :)