Votes: 3 50.0%
  • STi

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • EVO

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

tricky713

Ready to race!
Facts: Looking to get rid of my gli. I drive 20k miles a year. AWD would be awesome for work (need to be in the office even if it snows).

Subaru STi: I test drove an 2013 STi and loved it. With the amount of driving I do, is reliability going to be an issue with the STi ? (will remain stock) so hopefully no ringland failure.

VW Gti: Should I buy a 2013 Gti flash it, buy blizzaks and will still have spent less then the STi ?

Which would you do ?

Bake

Go Kart Champion
GTI with blizzaks. i have to be at work also when it snows and my GTI handles awesome in the snow. That and the stock tires that come on an STI aren't going to help you, even with AWD. you'll still have to buy snow tires.

dustinwark

Miesian
Buy WRX, tune it, blizzaks, call it a day

tricky713

Ready to race!
This if your looking to get out of a VW. Your gonna miss the interior and the overall quality of the dub tho.

100% agree. As soon as sat in the STi I was like damn... this is gonna take time to get used to.

The thing with buying a wrx is that I will always see STi's on the road and wish i pulled the trigger on that.

I feel like I might get bored with the gti quick.

dustinwark

Miesian
100% agree. As soon as sat in the STi I was like damn... this is gonna take time to get used to.

The thing with buying a wrx is that I will always see STi's on the road and wish i pulled the trigger on that.

I feel like I might get bored with the gti quick.

Why? Do you like paying out the ass for MSRP and insurance for some pink badges and a few extra HP? It isn't like a rabbit next to a GTI, WRX with a tune will be plenty fast/nice to compare to an STI

cskm

Banned
aren't WRX hp down played as well as to not hurt the STI's sales? i hear both cars have very similar performance and hp/tq numbers stock. WRX, tune and still have some cash to play with if the mod bug bites (which it undoubtedly will)

tricky713

Ready to race!
Why? Do you like paying out the ass for MSRP and insurance for some pink badges and a few extra HP? It isn't like a rabbit next to a GTI, WRX with a tune will be plenty fast/nice to compare to an STI

The Sti has a lot of features the wrx doesn't. 6speed and dccd being the most dramatic. Also the interior is slightly nicer (still no VW)

I thought buying a new car would be easy lmao