GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need shower tiling suggestions

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Gf thinks the tile is too light. I'm on the fence now. I think it will look nice with a darker cab. My question is the shower.... The shower tiles are rectangle. Once I put them in the shower the are huge. A little large for my small shower I think. What should I do? Just roll with them or try to find a slightly darker tile thats smaller
that matches the floor tiles So its not all light tile.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
(I love remodeling)

I like larger tiles. Less grout means easier to clean, regardless of size. Last shower I tiled I did 12x18 in a brick pattern.

With 2 windows you can easily do a darker tile but the light is nice too.

A little traditional for me but it's nice.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
The only downside of larger tiles is that they are more slippery which can be dangerous in a bathroom. Smaller tiles offer more grip because of the extra grout.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Do the 2x2 tiles attached to the 12x12 mesh backer for the floor!!! The one's you have will look nice on the walls, but definitely use the smaller squares on the floor, I have been building houses since I was a little boy with my family, aside from some years truck driving, that's the only thing I have done my entire life(I'm 39) thats my .02

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Dark tile sucks if you have hard water. Just imaging sprinkler on black car... Go with lighter shower tile. I recently finished remodeling my master en suite and went with large slate for sides and smaller slate for floor (to better help shape focus drainage)

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't go real dark if I did. More because of the soap scum sticks out. Previous shower was a black plastic piece that would look nasty after 2 showers. I also will be putting an 8' vanity in the bathroom. while it doesnt look that big, it is pretty long (and narrow).that should help tone down the lightness a bit.

I plan on doing 1x1 or 2x2 on floor of shower and backs of shower cubbies i made.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Call tile outlet
2434 west Fullerton
Just 3 blocks west of the Kennedy expressway

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
HOBO in villa park, yo.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I think if she wants some darkness, Listen to her, and incorperate her suggestion INTO the mix... A boarder in a darker color would look KickAss in that shower and you can outline the soap caddies as well with it. Use a smaller 2x2 or 4x4 tile to boarder everything!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If a GF is doing this much "recommending".. makes me wonder how wife status would be :eek:

jmul54

Ready to race!
Use a smaller darker tile and split the walls half way, it gives you a focal point and will also make the shower seem bigger because of the two tone affect. When I worked for a tile company and we did showers, especially smaller style showers this was what we would do. As far as soap scum in the grout, make sure u buy sandless grout and a good sealer to seal the grout.