GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need weekend trip ideas

Dybz

Banned
planning on taking a trip with my GF august 12-15, but we're having trouble deciding where. we went to dominican republic last year, but are looking for something more active this time around. we were thinking lake tahoe, but i'm having trouble booking a good cabin/room on such short notice. either way, do you guys have any suggestions? could be a roadtrip or plane ride away, doesn't matter. expense limit is approximately $800/person.

Dybz

Banned
she's already been. guess i should name a few places that we don't want to do because we've already been or for other reasons:

vegas
yellowstone
NYC
san francisco (but i was thinking about a drive up highway 1 and maybe a stop here)
grand canyon
mexico/cancun

if i think of more i'll add them. thoughts on where to go:

highway 1 up west coast
lake tahoe
Caribbean island kind of like dominican last year
west virginia (whitewater rafting?)
yosemite
tale of the dragon (not sure if she would enjoy that area)

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
what do you guys like to do? 1000 islands are fun and your money goes a long way there. niagara falls has alot to do also. i also loved ocean city MD but its been a good while since i last been there. good luck what ever you decide.

tale of the dragon, there is a huge park just north of it. lots of hiking and sight seeing to go do, a nice river you can tube down (more like a lazy river). its great for a weekend trip.

09vdubgti

Banned
Isnt tail of the dragon closed? Or have they re-opened it? Because i know on our way down to sowo it was closed because of landslides and such.

Chris@RT

Banned
tale of the dragon, there is a huge park just north of it. lots of hiking and sight seeing to go do, a nice river you can tube down (more like a lazy river). its great for a weekend trip.

Actually it wouldn't be too far of a drive to get to the olympic whitewater course if you wanted more then just a lazy river

Was just up there a few weekends ago with the GFs family did a half day white water rafting trip.. I was quite bored honestly, not enough paddling, but going through the olympic course was really cool, a full day course would have been much better. GF and I just scored one of those one day deal things for like 37 bucks includes day of white water, day of climbing and camping.

dam is only released on weekends though