GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed air intake

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
K&N and a turbo back exhaust would be the best way to go. There is no 02 in my wife's Mazda6 intake, the computer just senses the increase in air volume and air intake temp and it richens the mix (I think) and turns the CEL on unless you get the CP-E intake. That thing is worth 22 peak fwhp and I think 16 average, but it's $600.

kmf82

Go Kart Champion
Wantagti said:
K&N and a turbo back exhaust would be the best way to go. There is no 02 in my wife's Mazda6 intake, the computer just senses the increase in air volume and air intake temp and it richens the mix (I think) and turns the CEL on unless you get the CP-E intake. That thing is worth 22 peak fwhp and I think 16 average, but it's $600.

I almost got the CP-E intake on my 6 when I still had it. It's basically the only mod out there for the car that adds nice gains besides FI. Did it help with the low end tq of the car at all? One of the reasons I didn't like that vehicle was because you had to wind it out past 4k RPM to get it to go.

EDIT: sorry for bringing this back from the dead...I didn't realize how old this was.