GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 3 series

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
*yawn* ..the interior is nice. I thought they switched to single turbos?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I actually like it.

BMW styling is coming back uphill.
A turnaround from the hideous Bangel designs a couple of years back.

JhnR

Banned
im sure it will grow on everybody.

nobody really likes the mk6 either... .:D

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
on the exterior, not my taste, but not bad imo. but bump for the twin turbo! perhaps a better and/or tweaked version of the N54? :)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The car is cleaner than it was.
Less surface excitement, and getting away from the "new edge" styling that Ford assaulted us with, doesn't look like a Pontiac, or have Pok 'e Mon styling - all good things.

Pryme

Ready to race!
bmw never seems to change the interior much looks the same as the last 5 models to me

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Looks great to me. I don't see what you guys are complaining about.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Headlights are very evo shaped like...overall body style is ok

schnell

BMW had a twin turbo in their n54 engine but had mad fuel pump issues, so they switched to the n55 engine with a single twin scroll turbo, and virtually zero turbo lag. It's pretty sick, but vw 2.0t ftw!

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
This really is a very conservative design for them and it has to be. The 3 series is their bread and butter, they can't afford to screw it up, seems like they will be a bit riskier with the other models typically. I am personally kind of meh about the design, but I never make a final judgement on a car until I see it in the flesh.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I like it... does look lighter and more athletic.

Here is a link with more info and a video

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/14/2012-bmw-3-series-unveiled/

What is interesting is the new 4 cylinder turbo engine for the 328 model which has 240hp and 260 lb/ft torque with 0-60 of 5.7 seconds.

If they make a lightweight version of this... like an M clubsport edition with no nav, cheap stereo (with only media source being ipod to save weight), manual AC, lightened door panels, etc etc M-sport diff... this could be a very fun track car indeed. Much like the E30 318is was back in its day.

I bet software will put that 4cyl turbo engine at 300 hp and a big turbo conversion would put it closer to 400 hp driving the right wheels!!!

and the fact that there are much more tuning shops tuning BMW's to consistently go around a race track at "full tilt" for 30 minute sessions rather than 1/4 mile at a time is a plus as well...

hmmm this has lots of potential indeed!!!

MuteWhoa

Passed Driver's Ed
They'll never make a 3 series (or any model) without all the usual BMW luxury creature comforts.

I'm always amused by the jackwagons who go to the BMW press events at car shows
and ask questions like "Why won't you put manual windows and door locks back in the 3?!?!"

Because not nearly enough people would buy it to justify making a model with that particular trim, jackass.
Seriously? Buy an old E30 or E36 if you want to truly get back to basics.

Regardless, I'm really digging the new styling and I'd love to hear more
about the 328i. Just enough power to have fun without breaking the bank too much.